Homebrew SignaPic YasUI : Create YSMenu Theme/Skin has never been as easy as this

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello! it's my 4th thread, please correct me immediately if there's something wrong in this thread

Sorry my english is terrible, i'll try my best to explain this tool :(

{thank-list}
Aurelia Noumi : My dearest "imouto" :wub:
Conrad's Home (http://www.conradshome.com/html2bgr15/) : This website provide clear explanation about color conversion between current system standard (RGB32), and the one that YSMenu used (BGR15), even tho, its took me hours to made some script to match the conversion formula (no comment, im noob in stuff like this) :rofl2:
@alexander1970 : i bet you already know this kind guy :D

{detail}
Title : SignaPic YasUI (with SignaPic YasUI Libs)
Type : Application
Version : 1.0.0
Arch. : All (x86 and x64)
Size : 3498 KB (Normal) | 922 KB (Minified)

{links}
Note : these link will directly download the tool, this is not open source at this moment, hehe
SignaPic YasUI (GBATemp)| SignaPic YasUI Minified (Github)

{description}
SignaPic YasUI is a simple tool to generate your own YSMenu Theme/Skin, with the following features that may not exist in most YSMenu Theme/Skin Editor :
  1. SAVE/LOAD Theme/Skin Project
  2. FINALIZE Theme/Skin Project for distribution
  3. AUTO SLICE Image (No more hassle manually cropping images to get them "seamless")
  4. WIDECUT Image (Scale image to longer length of screen size)
  5. AUTO TEXT COLORING (Detect text coloring based on used image)
  6. MANUAL MODE (You can decide what upper and lower image and text color yourself)
  7. DOWNLOAD YSMenu Theme/Skin from Database Collections
  8. SUBMIT your own Theme/Skin created with SignaPic Yasui, so anyone can use it
There's 2 version of SignaPic YasUI. Actually the differences only in size, the Minified is half smaller than the Normal one, if you download using metered connection, this Minified version is enough to help save it, but sometimes, Anti-virus often misunderstands, and detects this version as a virus (false-positive). Because the structure of the tool is no longer "neat".

{known bugs}
  1. Even i have working hard on making coloring formula, the text coloring difference may be happen between editor and the result (when opened on YSMenu in Nintendo DS)
Please tell me when you find another bugs.
If you will, for faster respond, you can mention me :)

{tutorial : the simplest way}
1. Run the application
upload_2019-12-22_3-17-23.png

2. Click "Image > Load" menu, or press CTRL+Shift+O to open an image and let program slice it for you

upload_2019-12-22_3-19-35.png

3a. Choose "Text Color > Automate Color" menu, or press F9 to let program detect color for each text

upload_2019-12-22_3-20-34.png

3b. If you want define your own color of text, you can click on the respective text to open the color picker

upload_2019-12-22_3-21-19.png

4. Insert your Flashcart SD Card, then click "APPLY NOW" and choose "TTMenu" folder

upload_2019-12-22_3-23-16.png

5. Everything done, time to test it on your Nintendo DS device

upload_2019-12-22_3-23-51.png
upload_2019-12-22_3-30-47.png

{tutorial : additional}

1. You can save your created theme/skin to a project file by choosing "Project > Save"
upload_2019-12-22_3-31-42.png

2. You can add your own "signature" too, by double clicking "Yasu Software - YSMenu" text

upload_2019-12-22_3-33-1.png

3. Want to distribute your own theme/skin? Don't let anyone edit them! By FINALIZE your project. After a project finalized, it will be saved and not editable anymore. That's why, better keep a copy of your project which will be finalized.
upload_2019-12-22_3-33-47.png
upload_2019-12-22_3-34-10.png

4. Program will notify you, if an update detected
upload_2019-12-22_3-36-27.png

{changelog}
  • version 1.0.0 :
    1. Added Downloadable & Submitable Theme/Skin Collection
  • version 0.2.0 :
    1. Custom color is now enabled
    2. Update checker is now added
    3. Dummy frame for clearly frame enable/disable is now added

• version 0.1.0 :
    1. initial version

Last edited by cimo95,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello! it's my 4th thread, please correct me immediately if there's something wrong in this thread

Sorry my english is terrible, i'll try my best to explain this tool :(

{thank-list}
Aurelia Noumi : My dearest "imouto" :wub:
Conrad's Home (http://www.conradshome.com/html2bgr15/) : This website provide clear explanation about color conversion between current system standard (RGB32), and the one that YSMenu used (BGR15), even tho, its took me hours to made some script to match the conversion formula (no comment, im noob in stuff like this) :rofl2:
@alexander1970 : i bet you already know this kind guy :D

{detail}
Title : SignaPic YasUI
Type : Application
Version : 0.1.0
Arch. : All (x86 and x64)
Size : 994 KB (Normal) | 394 KB (Minified)

{links}
Note : these link will directly download the tool, this is not open source at this moment, hehe
SignaPic YasUI (GBATemp)| SignaPic YasUI Minified (Github)

{description}
SignaPic YasUI is a simple tool to generate your own YSMenu Theme/Skin, with the following features that may not exist in most YSMenu Theme/Skin Editor :
  1. SAVE/LOAD Theme/Skin Project
  2. FINALIZE Theme/Skin Project for distribution
  3. AUTO SLICE Image (No more hassle manually cropping images to get them "seamless")
  4. WIDECUT Image (Scale image to longer length of screen size)
  5. AUTO TEXT COLORING (Detect text coloring based on used image)
  6. MANUAL MODE (You can decide what upper and lower image and text color yourself)
There's 2 version of SignaPic YasUI. Actually the differences only in size, the Minified is half smaller than the Normal one, if you download using metered connection, this Minified version is enough to help save it, but sometimes, Anti-virus often misunderstands, and detects this version as a virus (false-positive). Because the structure of the tool is no longer "neat".

{known bugs}
  1. Even i have working hard on making coloring formula, the text coloring difference may be happen between editor and the result (when opened on YSMenu in Nintendo DS)
  2. Im not sure for advanced color, so temporarily i locked the manual text coloring color picker to base color only
Please tell me when you find another bugs.
If you will, for faster respond, you can mention me :)

{tutorial : the simplest way}
1. Run the application
View attachment 189806

2. Click "LOAD IMAGE" button or Click "Image > Load" menu,
or press CTRL+Shift+O to open an image and let program slice it for you

View attachment 189807

3a. Choose "Text Color > Automate Color" menu, or press F9 to let program detect color for each text

View attachment 189808

3b. If you want define your own color of text, you can click on the respective text to open the color picker

View attachment 189809

4. Insert your Flashcart SD Card, then click "APPLY NOW" and choose "TTMenu" folder

View attachment 189810

5. Everything done, time to test it on your Nintendo DS device

View attachment 189811 View attachment 189812

{tutorial : additional}

1. You can save your created theme/skin to a project file by choosing "Project > Save"
View attachment 189813

2. You can add your own "signature" too, by double clicking "Yasu Software - YSMenu" text

View attachment 189814

3. Want to distribute your own theme/skin? Don't let anyone edit them! By FINALIZE your project. After a project finalized, it will be saved and not editable anymore. That's why, better keep a copy of your project which will be finalized.
View attachment 189815 View attachment 189816
{changelog}
  • version 0.1.0 :
    1. initial version

Hello.:)

Thank you for this great Tool !! :yaynds:

P1070016.JPG P1070017.JPG P1070018.JPG

• Love
Reactions: JuanMena and cimo95

SAORIxMEGUMIN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This deletes any picture I load into your program. Also I have already resized my picture to fit the screen but this still zooms and crops the picture.

Also I can't finalize without a signature and I when it prompts me to enter one it doesn't matter what I put it does change and I can't finalize.

Last edited by SAORIxMEGUMIN,

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
I have a similar problem as SAORIxMEGUMIN. I already have two images that are at the right resolution for a top and bottom image, yet the program seems to only display them in at a scale that works for both screen, meaning the top screen will end up very zoomed in.

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a similar problem as SAORIxMEGUMIN. I already have two images that are at the right resolution for a top and bottom image, yet the program seems to only display them in at a scale that works for both screen, meaning the top screen will end up very zoomed in.

upload_2021-1-13_1-27-37.png

uh sorry, i dont add it on tutorial above, you can change each side image by right-click on it, you even can flip it, copy it to other side, or copy from another side.

NOTE :
upload_2021-1-13_1-30-1.png

These option also decide how the image drawn, so select it first before changing one side image or loading full image

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This deletes any picture I load into your program. Also I have already resized my picture to fit the screen but this still zooms and crops the picture.

Also I can't finalize without a signature and I when it prompts me to enter one it doesn't matter what I put it does change and I can't finalize.

For the image, you can refer to the reply above,
For the problem you cant finalize, you must add the signature, if there's error, you can tell me what's error keeping you from finalizing your project ^_^

totah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cimo, i just had to make an account to thank you for this tool. i noticed that when attempting to change the color of the "Selection Block", it actually changes the color of the "Lower Screen Text". also, is it possible to change the font type/bold, etc?

Attachments

• same_modifier.png
    same_modifier.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Love
Reactions: cimo95

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
cimo, i just had to make an account to thank you for this tool. i noticed that when attempting to change the color of the "Selection Block", it actually changes the color of the "Lower Screen Text". also, is it possible to change the font type/bold, etc?
you're welcome !
ahaha, sorry, thanks for your report, i'll fix it immediately (after finding my old HDD which contains this project :rofl:)
Hmm, looks like YSMenu does not have that kind of styling, i'll looking forward for its latest version if its already support this, and add them to my update too... :yaypsp::yaypsp:

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cimo, sorry for posting in an old thread, but I just found out about this app and I have two things to say: first, thank you! It's amazing and made things much easier for me. Second, even though I changed the bottom screen's footer text, when I load the SD card with the finished product, the DS still displays the original line saying YSmenu instead of what I wrote. Am I doing something wrong?

• Love

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cimo, sorry for posting in an old thread, but I just found out about this app and I have two things to say: first, thank you! It's amazing and made things much easier for me. Second, even though I changed the bottom screen's footer text, when I load the SD card with the finished product, the DS still displays the original line saying YSmenu instead of what I wrote. Am I doing something wrong?
Hehe, you're welcome ! :D (im happy people still using this 'till now)

Basically YSMenu watermark on the bottom line of the screen is not editable (no option for that on the setting file of YSMenu), so what you write as "copyright" on YasUI is just for your own watermark when its finalized and got distributed ;)

Reactions: Gep_Etto

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, I always assumed that to be the case, but when I saw the option to change the text in your app I thought I'd had it wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm getting a flashcart for a friend as a birthday gift and I'm customizing what I can, to make it a bit more special than just "Hey, I paid for this and now I'm delivering it to you". YasUI made it really easy for me to make try out a bunch of themes in short time since it automates most of the boring stuff. I really am very thankful.

• Love

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, I always assumed that to be the case, but when I saw the option to change the text in your app I thought I'd had it wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm getting a flashcart for a friend as a birthday gift and I'm customizing what I can, to make it a bit more special than just "Hey, I paid for this and now I'm delivering it to you". YasUI made it really easy for me to make try out a bunch of themes in short time since it automates most of the boring stuff. I really am very thankful.
You're welcome !

That sweet :wub:, i never imagine my tool can made memorable stuff like this !
omg, thanks for sharing your meaningful moment here :D

Kerbundle

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
HI, thank you for this! Just a quick question...I have a portrait picture that I want to use and when I load it, it rotates and goes sideways...how do I go about fixing this?

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
HI, thank you for this! Just a quick question...I have a portrait picture that I want to use and when I load it, it rotates and goes sideways...how do I go about fixing this?
The best way I think is to resize it yourself before importing it to YSMenu. Crop what you can, pad the rest, or even use something like the Liquid Rescale filter in GIMP to change the aspect ratio without everything getting distorted.

By the way, @cimo95 I gave my friend the gift on Sunday. I'm waiting to hear from him if he liked it. :D

• Wow

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Please try to open it using paint first, then save again. In some cases the image header fault / corruption made things go wrong. I also not recommend you to use image which has aspect ratio other than 4:3 or 16:9. Since i made it from scratch, it wont work for other aspect ratio source :sad: .
Post automatically merged:

By the way, @cimo95 I gave my friend the gift on Sunday. I'm waiting to hear from him if he liked it. :D
really?! so how his reaction? i guess its already long day ago :blush:

• Love

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please try to open it using paint first, then save again. In some cases the image header fault / corruption made things go wrong. I also not recommend you to use image which has aspect ratio other than 4:3 or 16:9. Since i made it from scratch, it wont work for other aspect ratio source :sad: .

really?! so how his reaction? i guess its already long day ago :blush:
I'm so sorry, I forgot to come back and tell you! He loved it! He said that the flashcart was great on its own but the customization really made it special. :yaynds:

But what's really funny is that his wife loved it too!

A few years ago McDonald's had these Pokémon toys in the Happy Meal and I took a picture of him next to a Pikachu poster, which I used for the bottom screen since the main game he wanted to play was Pokémon Soul Silver. But I figured he might get tired of seeing his own face on the screen so I wrote a little readme file with instructions on how to change it with YasUI, andI included the .exe in the microSD card (I hope that's okay, I should have asked you first - I did credit you in the readme file and everything). She told him that if he dared to change it, she'd be mad at him! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

For context: His nickname is "Kablets".

YSMenu2.jpg

Thank you so much! You made three people very, very happy with your app and I can't tell you just how grateful I am.

Last edited by Gep_Etto,
  • Love

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm so sorry, I forgot to come back and tell you! He loved it! He said that the flashcart was great on its own but the customization really made it special. :yaynds:

But what's really funny is that his wife loved it too!

A few years ago McDonald's had these Pokémon toys in the Happy Meal and I took a picture of him next to a Pikachu poster, which I used for the bottom screen since the main game he wanted to play was Pokémon Soul Silver. But I figured he might get tired of seeing his own face on the screen so I wrote a little readme file with instructions on how to change it with YasUI, andI included the .exe in the microSD card (I hope that's okay, I should have asked you first - I did credit you in the readme file and everything). She told him that if he dared to change it, she'd be mad at him! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

For context: His nickname is "Kablets".

View attachment 339325

Thank you so much! You made three people very, very happy with your app and I can't tell you just how grateful I am.
Hahahaha! That's a big trouble, i extremely suggested to keep the picture unchanged, or World War XXX will be announced lol :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Its not a big deal dude, as long as i can see pure happiness here, fyi, this really made me shivering :ohnoes::yayone:

Never expected my tool can made stuff go so far like this. Again, please say thanks for them from me :grog:

Hi Kablets, thanks for "happy" to using my tool output :lol::lol::lol:

KaltoiraDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello! The tool is really useful! although i have an issue.
Whenever i try to Save it as a SignaPic save file or submit it, it gives me a "external exception c00006" error and doesnt let me save/submit it. Is there a way to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?