Homebrew SignaPic DSi : Simple step to import any JPG images into Nintendo DSi

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello! it's my 2nd thread, please correct me immediately if there's something wrong in this thread

Sorry my english is terrible, i'll try my best to explain this tool :(

{thank-list}
@TheLegendofMario : my tool was inspired by the post he made (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...ndo-dsi-requires-dsi-and-a-windows-pc.497896/) :mthr:
MWandel : programmer of 'JHead' console tool to manipulate EXIF of JPG file
Nba_Yoh/MrNbaYoh : programmer of 'DSi JPEG Signature Tool' console tool to sign JPG file tobe readable by Nintendo DSi Camera Application
@alexander1970 : i bet you already know this kind guy :D

{detail}
Title : SignaPic DSi
Type : Application
Version : 0.3.0
Arch. : All (x86 and x64)
Size : 1105 KB (Normal) | 438 KB (Minified)

{links}
Note : these link will directly download the tool, this is not open source at this moment, hehe
SignaPic DSi (GBATemp)| SignaPic DSi Minified (Github)

{description}
If you have already read the thread by @TheLegendofMario (the full link on "thank-list" above) then you know what exactly my tool's main job.

SignaPic DSi is a tool to simplify operation to process any JPG image into Nintendo DSi Standard JPG image, this tool is not just simplify the process, but also add some features :

1. JPG resolution optimizer (optimize all JPG image resolution to 72 DPI)
  2. Auto detect System Region
  3. Auto directory detection (100NIN02, 101NIN02, etc...)
  4. Auto file-numbering (HNI_0001, HNI_0002, etc...)
  5. Auto proportional resize for non 4:3 JPG image
  6. Auto color detection for letterbox / pillarbox in Proportional resizer
  7. Auto generate image thumbnail
There's 2 version of SignaPic DSi. Actually the differences only in size, the Minified is half smaller than the Normal one, if you download using metered connection, this Minified version is enough to help save it, but sometimes, Anti-virus often misunderstands, and detects this version as a virus (false-positive). Because the structure of the tool is no longer "neat".

{known bugs}
  1. Not all JPG files are processed smoothly, sometime the result is not readable by Nintendo DSi Camera App. If this happen, please convert your JPG file(s) to a new JPG file(s) again using image converter (i have tested this using FormatFactory)
  2. Some image files downloaded from Facebook and Twitter (or maybe another social media) cannot be directly processed (it will result as glitched or even unreadable image), that you must convert them first to a new JPG file using image converter
Please tell me when you find another bugs.
If you will, for faster respond, you can mention me :)

{tutorial}
1. Run the application

2. Click "IMPORT" and choose the file you want to process (currently supported is JPG only)

3. After all files listed, click "PROCEED"

4. On PROCEED EXPORT window, choose the option you want (right click an option to show its description)
For example here, i want to process my JPG images to my SD Card on drive G: (see i selected "Auto | Select SD Card Drive :", and choose drive G), with JPG Quality 80%, Optimizes resolution (DPI), System Region "Auto Detect", Proportional sized with auto color and 5 points of color threshold

5. After setting up everything, click "EXPORT", wait until the process finished

6. And, if you're using "Auto" mode, all process like finding latest 1xxNIN02 folder, deleting "pit.bin" file, file numbering will be done by the tool

7. Finally, pull off your SD Card, then put it on your Nintendo DSi, open up SD Card option on Camera app

{suggestion}
  1. Leave "JPG Quality" to 80 for best result
  2. Leave "auto-repair" and "Optimize DPI" checked
  3. Convert your JPG into new JPG before process it with this tool
  4. Don't process too many files at once
  5. Put on your SD Card first, before running the tool if you're using Auto mode
{changelog}
  • version 0.3.0 :
    1. Slow down processing time, but slightly increase image readability
    2. Added "Widecut" for "Resizing Method"
  • version 0.2.0 :
    1. Using Single Thread instead of Multi Thread for optimal result
    2. Added "Widecut Grayscale" for "Resizing Method : Proportional"
  • version 0.1.0 :
    1. initial version

Last edited by cimo95,

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
On "Auto Detect" mode in Proportional, sometime color detection fails :( :
IMG_20191116_092730.jpg
sometime it works :mellow: :
IMG_20191116_092839_1.jpg IMG_20191116_092656.jpg
depend on how many number you put in "color threshold" , between 1 and 16 :lol:

okay let's see, theres 3 thumbnails with question marks, it tell us that those images format was recognized by Nintendo DSi, but it's not readable (idk how to explain this hmmm). I put 105 processed images here, but only 92 are detected :unsure:

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! I've used this program to convert some images... but they won't show on the DSi Menu (hiyaCFW). Might it have something to do with the DSi Camera app? I can't go past the tutorial because my cameras seems to be broken, but I still wanna use those pics at the top screen :/

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I've used this program to convert some images... but they won't show on the DSi Menu (hiyaCFW). Might it have something to do with the DSi Camera app? I can't go past the tutorial because my cameras seems to be broken, but I still wanna use those pics at the top screen :/
They need to have the star sticker iirc, they might need to be on your NAND (or SDNAND in this case) as well. A post-tutorial Camera save file might work, I dunno though

Reactions: BETA215

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
They need to have the star sticker iirc, they might need to be on your NAND (or SDNAND in this case) as well. A post-tutorial Camera save file might work, I dunno though
Yup, I've tried searching for a DSi Camera savefile but no luck yet... thanks about the star sticker info, didn't knew about that :P

Tried doing the DSi Camera tutorial on melonDS but you can't do it there either, so no idea where to get it.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I've tried searching for a DSi Camera savefile but no luck yet... thanks about the star sticker info, didn't knew about that :P

Tried doing the DSi Camera tutorial on melonDS but you can't do it there either, so no idea where to get it.
I can send you a fresh one in a bit. Hopefully it has no personal information or is tied to my console...

Reactions: BETA215

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I get white dots and transparent background, help?

EDIT: It would be helpful if you made a GIMP plugin that does this for you!
the transparent and the dot thing is probably from glitch from the image to the firmware, i dunno exactly i may need to look at the program for this, but i need to wait for my 3ds, my dsi was dead so yeah :sad:

hell since i never dealing with GIMP, so i may need to learn about it first, i know its a free photoshop, but still :unsure:

Boofandbop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Is there a way to use this with the 3DS? Im currently using this tool along side photo clock dsiware and loving it, but I would love to be able to use it with photo clock on my 3ds as well.

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi! Is there a way to use this with the 3DS? Im currently using this tool along side photo clock dsiware and loving it, but I would love to be able to use it with photo clock on my 3ds as well.
hello, sorry for late reply

while writting this tool my 3ds was died (and still), and idk if we can do the same thing too, but if you still curious, you can send me a sample image you've took with your 3ds camera, and i'll try to make one for it :yay3ds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself