Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iAktp.jpg

For Xbox 360 Skyrim players, you can now sign up for beta of Skyrim's upcoming expansion, Dawnguard.

The link (available below) asks a few simple questions regarding what type of Xbox you're using, how you like to play Skyrim, and other questions. It takes only a few minutes to fill out.

The beta testers will be chosen in "about a week", according to Bethesda, and will receive a full version of Dawnguard to test, including achievements and all the other trimmings.

Skyrim's latest expansion includes a number of things, including vampires, crossbows, and generally more stuff to do.

:arrow: Beta Sign Up
:arrow: Source

Reactions: 2 people

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting I might actually pick up the eventual GOTY release this time if they keep this sort of thing up (meant to the last two times but it did not happen in the end).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up. To bad it only lets you list 3 characters at most when some people have more than that.

I'd just put your three most prominent, I only have two right now and I'm only focusing on one at the moment. I just deleted a lot of the characters I didn't like (my first character was a mage that wasn't doing too well so I canned him, my second character was a sword-and-shield warrior and I canned her). Nowadays I have a female stealth-archer Wood Elf as my primary character at about lvl 46 and a lvl 23 or so two-handed weapons Argonian male.

But for the expansion, I doubt I'd buy it on my own, $20 is a high price for an expansion. I mean some expansions are nice (like the Borderlands one and Dragon Age Origins: Awakening) but I want to be really sure on Dawnguard if I was to ever buy it. Of course if I get into the beta I get it for free so woohoo.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Signed.

I have ~200 hours combined over two characters. I hope that's enough.

Of course if I get into the beta I get it for free so woohoo.

I don't think that's how betas work...

Bethesda said anybody that gets in the beta gets the expansion for free once it officially hits XBL this summer so Guild is correct.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hopefully my 237 hours gets me in :P
Damn, and I thought my 78 hours were a lot... It discourages me from signing up and not getting it :(
Heh, I signed up with my 1 character and 23 hours! Soo many people will have applied for this, it'll be just a few names taken out of the hat... most likely if my name gets drawn and they check out how much I've played they'll probably clod it back in the pot lol, but hey I tried!!
1600pts.... Minecraft, Forza Porsche Expansion and now this - 1600pts is becoming the new 1200pts ehh... :( Having said that, Shivering Isles was 2400pts - if this offers close to that amount in there then maybe it's not so much a rip-off....

Bloodgharm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully my 237 hours gets me in :P
Damn, and I thought my 78 hours were a lot... It discourages me from signing up and not getting it :(
Heh, I signed up with my 1 character and 23 hours! Soo many people will have applied for this, it'll be just a few names taken out of the hat... most likely if my name gets drawn and they check out how much I've played they'll probably clod it back in the pot lol, but hey I tried!!
1600pts.... Minecraft, Forza Porsche Expansion and now this - 1600pts is becoming the new 1200pts ehh... :( Having said that, Shivering Isles was 2400pts - if this offers close to that amount in there then maybe it's not so much a rip-off....
1600 is such a troll price considering points are sold in 1500 point batches here.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beta is going to be real short anyway. Got's the july issue of game informer. The target date for the xb360 release of the "expansion" is june 28. So unless the testers find really bad game breaking bugs Dawnguard will be out soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.