Hacking *Sigh* I wish the luck to you DS-X Owners.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im on a mac with a third batch ds-x. Which means I've had mine for over a year now, I think so. Still no real support for macs. I've always got the answer, go find a friend a windows machine. Luckily my mom has a slow as hell XP machine that I have access to, other than that, I would be screwed.

My ds-x still works and I still use it from time to time. But having to deal with the arm7 fix, walking back and forth to the computer, tearing apart roms, putting them back together. Knowing damn well every other cart owner out there just drags and drops, which is what I paid for. Damn, short end of the stick... Short end of the stick on many accounts. But no reason to go into all of that.

If there is another FW update/release, I will be very surprised. I doubt I'll update since updates before have caused problems, but eh...

jmm0070

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well said Neuromancer.

I'm sick of this new DS-X owner in the "whoa! stage" calling idiots to all angry and experienced customers on several posts. When I come across reports like the one by jmm0070 aka "gimme the Nobel Prize for my cluster size findings", saying "I have no problems with it" I just don't believe it. Anyone making such a claim just didn't used his DS-X enough or it would be clear for him how UNRELIABLE this device is.

just rread the post in the dsx forum and u will see how much people have tried the larger cluster size formatting and how has it worked for all
dry.gif

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when this came out w/ glowing reviews on gbatemp. Too bad I didn't have any money then, looks like I dodged a bullet by avoiding this product

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Speaking of people who don't listen to the end user, as I mentioned earlier the "Supercard". Romman doesn't seem to care a lot about the customer, just comes out with products that suits himself (and his wallet). So there's other companies doing jacked up stuff too.

[...]

I'd recommend choosing your flash cart wisely and listen to what's popular, usually the popular stuff holds up fairly long for updates with the exception of the Supercard which actually who knows what goes on in that guy's brain when he does those things lol. Actually I'm surprised that a very decent product, the M3 Perfect, is still around.
Amptor, the Supercard gets updated quite frequently, everything works just fine for what I'm concerned. Last Update for the Slot-2 Supercards was two months ago, so what are you talking about? Last time I checked it was the M3 that needs ARM7 fixes right and left and isn't supported anymore. Did I just not get the irony in your post? You should really clear this up.

I'm looking into buying a Slot-1 solution every now and then, last time when the Acekard RPG got released - but at the end of the day my Supercard still is running like a Duracell bunny...

EDIT, 11.11.2007
Another update, adding DLDI autopatching. Not too shabby for "not caring a lot about customers", IMHO.
wink.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've stopped caring about the DS-X. I made my mistake pretty much a year ago and I've moved on. Just waiting for the R4 to arive. Not that I'm getting rid of the cart. I can always use a back-up and I've come to turns with the fact that many games now require me to do an arm7 replacement. It's hardly worth whining over when I consider that I was so used to patching roms in the M3 software for my old M3 SD before I got the cart.

Speaking of which, time to check my shipment with Volumerate to see if the cart (and a replacement PSP shell
yaypsp.gif
) is any closer to getting to me. I am checking a tad too often I think.

EDIT: Horay, my shipment has been.... well... shipped. I join the R4 club early next week as long as customs stay the fuck out of my business.

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I too have decided the time has come to move to another flash cart
frown.gif

Theres nothing wrong with my DS-X (per say) but the Arm 7 issue is beginning to bug me a bit now and the lack of space on the card as well (getting into the Homebrew scene quite heavily now)

So I've opted for the Cyclo Evo DS .. It ticked all the boxes for me and also takes SDHC cards so no space issues !

For me the DS-X was the only solution on the market and had all the features I thought I'd need ... but the flash cart scene has moved on and the DS-X hasn't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q