Hacking *Sigh* I wish the luck to you DS-X Owners.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mad.gif
The DS-X team has said a lot about their FW Update, but have yet to release or give any news about it.

It's sad to see such a great cart, with a horrid team, die like this...

Even if they release the update, it probably won't be revolutionary enough to bring the DS-Xtreme back up from the ground. As you can see, there are topics from August on the first page on GBAtemp.. The moderators on the DS-X forums are hopeless.

There's probably little hope for the next update... But I really hope you guys get it soon.

~Nero
cool.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame, you are cool in my book.

Team DSX, however, at least on the forums in the past few months, and this is a generalization, of course, is utter shite.

I don't think too many people would argue with EITHER of the above statements. I was so put off by the way people (paying customers, such as myself) were treated by the company, I bought a competitor's cart (CycloEvo, for the record). Guess what? Aside from a handful of times when my friend would use the DS-X because I was using the CycloEvo, that cart hasn't been touched in weeks.

Team Cyclops (currently, who knows, anything could change) is super prompt, not only in the forums, but through e-mail. I got personal responses, polite ones that didn't make me feel terrible for asking an honest question. That is about the antithesis of what's going on over at ds-xtreme.com, in case anyone reading this thread is curious, it's more of a ghost town, thanks to the deleted threads and posts (and I personally experienced this, so don't tell me that's a made up claim).

In summary, thank you thegame. Thank you Team Cyclops. ::clap::

::clears throat:: I hope Team DS-X learns that customer's are #1, always, no questions asked, and that they use that knowledge to their advantage for their next product, assuming they didn't burn every bridge to future customers.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This has been a well-known fact for over half a year. Why did you make this thread?

Because this forum is dead and there should be some activity?

Nah, it's just a little luck for DS-X people.

EDIT: Well, I have something else to say as well.

I haven't been around the DS Scene for a long time. Maybe I have been. I've been interested in the DS Scene since DS-X came out and it caught my eye. I was going to buy one, but the price just didn't cut it out for me at the time... Even though they advertised all those features.

So if I had actually bought the DS-X, I'd be in the same situation as most of these guys are.

~Nero

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
one night, a year and a half ago, i decided to cancel my preorder for the new ds-x and give the m3 simply a run for my money cuz it was a little cheaper.

i made one kickass decision
biggrin.gif

PEACE OUT BITCHES STUCK WITH THE UPDATLESS DS-X!!!
rofl2.gif

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
customers are number one, but who cares when the ds-x crew already made it's money and bought some yuppie ass car and are laughing how they conned a bunch of people out of hard earned money. I gave up long ago, but have no choice as I don't have the money to drop on a new cart, especially since these ds-x carts are worthless at this point. I mean, I'm sure I could get a few bucks at some point, not worth the trouble...

To me, with all the problems in the forums with people trying to get an answer or even a date/update. Wouldn't it be easier just to get a little update. Of course, but months later we're still waiting, asking, posting, begging for just a little something and the people that have made this crew rich sit around dealing with long workarounds to make this cart usable at all.

jokes on us fellas

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got one for my Birthday last year which is on the 13th of October. At the time it was the only slot one solution and I didn't want to have to flash my DS. Luckily, I was able to sell the extra one I got for Christmas & replaced it with an R4, but I still have one & my girlfriend does too. I check their forum fairly often just to see if they've released the firmware but as the months pass by the likelihood that it'll happen diminishes. Maybe they'll surprise us one day.

maxpowersin

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Man..

When the ds-x came out it was the only numero uno card for ds. In spite of being super expensive they were selling like hot cakes. It had super high points in every review.

Now it's completely dead!!

People change!! The developers of ds-x changed!!

jmm0070

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
well, at least i have no problems with my ds-x 16 Gb. in fact i love it.
yaynds.gif
I think i am one of the lucky ones who has no problems with it, since my card is REALLY fast to load (like 1 sec for eeproom) even if i have it with the 2GB filled up to the top. i don tknow whats every1s problem and what is thin bug or anything if at least my card is really awesome. pls some1 explain me whats this bug ur all talking about. at least for me, all games and homebrew work perfectly (the arm7 protected i just fix with arm7 fix) and i love the simplicity with which you can use the ds-x, just plugging in and play. also, moonshell videos play amazingly well ever since i formatted it with a 64kb cluster (for the ds-x mod, please sticky that thread in the forums cause its effects of speeding up are really amazing), and i convert vids with batchdpg 1.3 beta 5.

u can all notice that im really satisfied with my ds-x card, i think its the best card out there even if it does not support soft reset which i like. but i dont need anything else. with soft-resent i think that the card needs no more upgrades. thats it. ple averyone tell me whats that bug ur suffering from. and STOP treating the ds-x team like that, i know that they dont announce release dates because of the cruelty of all those idiotic whiners, who think that because they payed alot they can yell and throw whatever they want to the team.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally I didn't buy a DS-X because of the price and also you can't change out the RAM. But however my choices are biased because when I got into these changable ram cards (such as supercard and M3 simply), I didn't realize at the time that since the ram isn't the only chip inside it, that doesn't mean other things can't go wrong. But on the other hand in the past with Bung devices I saw many people complaining that the flashram chips in their devices were either becoming faulty or glitched causing games not to be erased and reflashed later.

So now where are we at, we have G6 which is a very reputable name in the scene these days and I would suggest that you can't go wrong with that one.

Speaking of people who don't listen to the end user, as I mentioned earlier the "Supercard". Romman doesn't seem to care a lot about the customer, just comes out with products that suits himself (and his wallet). So there's other companies doing jacked up stuff too. Also I read the forum about the cyclods and there's all this back and forth stuff about R4 stealing code and this and that which probably is true, but come on folks..this stuff is for piracy so you can't expect the pirate cart manufacturer to never steal any code from anyone, come on and be real lol.

And speaking of good faith, a lot of people would swear by Bung. Well I'd have to say from what I've seen and heard, Bung had a good customer relationship with the end user and tried to help people out quite a bit. My friend sent his N64 game doctor back to china 3 times and finally it was fixed right and didn't have any more problems.

I'd recommend choosing your flash cart wisely and listen to what's popular, usually the popular stuff holds up fairly long for updates with the exception of the Supercard which actually who knows what goes on in that guy's brain when he does those things lol. Actually I'm surprised that a very decent product, the M3 Perfect, is still around.

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, at least i have no problems with my ds-x 16 Gb. in fact i love it. 
yaynds.gif
  I think i am one of the lucky ones who has no problems with it, since my card is REALLY fast to load (like 1 sec for eeproom) even if i have it with the 2GB filled up to the top. i don tknow whats every1s problem and what is thin bug or anything if at least my card is really awesome. pls some1 explain me whats this bug ur all talking about. at least for me, all games and homebrew work perfectly (the arm7 protected i just fix with arm7 fix) and i love the simplicity with which you can use the ds-x, just plugging in and play. also, moonshell videos play amazingly well ever since i formatted it with a 64kb cluster (for the ds-x mod, please sticky that thread in the forums cause its effects of speeding up are really amazing), and i convert vids with batchdpg 1.3 beta 5.

u can all notice that im really satisfied with my ds-x card, i think its the best card out there even if it does not support soft reset which i like. but i dont need anything else. with soft-resent i think that the card needs no more upgrades. thats it. ple averyone tell me whats that bug ur suffering from. and STOP treating the ds-x team like that, i know that they dont announce release dates because of the cruelty of all those idiotic whiners, who think that because they payed alot they can yell and throw whatever they want to the team.

You might want to hang around long enough to understand the situation before you join the ranks of the DS-X Team fanbots. I have a feeling people will stop "treating the DS-X team like that" when they start actually DOING THEIR JOBS! The bug you are asking about is the arm7 fix - EVERY other card maker released an arm7-proof firmware within THREE HOURS of Zelda JPN's release. The DS-X team was the only team who decided to insult their users with some shady comment about "We won't rush a release to make a bunch of pirates happy". If 10 people run a marathon, and 1 person takes 4 months to do the same thing someone else did in 3 hours, can you possibly say they are being rushed? Also, there used to be release dates for the firmware. But people were angry because the firmwares were always months late. Instead of meeting the deadlines THAT THEY THEMSELVES SET, they blame any problem on everyone else. Late firmware? "Not our fault!" The QKIN bug? "Oh, it was the factory, not the team that designed it. Cut us some slack..."

Now, it's been almost 4 months since the arm7 issue came up. STILL NOTHING?? If they've been working hard, then what exactly are they doing?

It's been a year since the DS-X team promised Mac support. Are all the people with Mac computers so unimportant that they don't need support? I hope not. How would you feel about the team if they'd been stringing you along for a whole year? Every other card is platform independent; you just put the file on the card, put the card into the NDS, and it updates itself. Why can't DS-X team implement this? Because they messed with it a little in development and couldn't get it working.

How about that "easy to use skinning engine"? Last we heard 10 months ago, the Team was busy seperating the skinning tool from their private programming tools. TEN MONTHS?? Hows that coming boys?? Without the skin tool, instead of using .jpgs or .bmps for skins we have to code every image into a C+ object. Why am I doing someone else's job?

The fanbots have this fantasy that the DS-X team is 20 guys working 40-hours a week in a high tech lab, and not 2 or 3 guys in different parts of the world e-mailing to each other.

You're right; anyone who doubts the DS-X Team must be an "idiotic whiner".

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Well said Neuromancer.

I'm sick of this new DS-X owner in the "whoa! stage" calling idiots to all angry and experienced customers on several posts. When I come across reports like the one by jmm0070 aka "gimme the Nobel Prize for my cluster size findings", saying "I have no problems with it" I just don't believe it. Anyone making such a claim just didn't used his DS-X enough or it would be clear for him how UNRELIABLE this device is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality