*sigh* I guess my DS4 is dead?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Zero72463, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Zero72463
    OP

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    I got soooo far in zombies I got the ray gun, wunderwaffe, and dingo all packapunched with all perks just for my DS4 to die. So I decided to charge my DS4 and realized it wasn't charging. I tried resetting it and using different cables/usb ports nothing is working. Any other fix? Thanks!

2. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    open it up and connect an old blackberry battery, might even get more capacity and play time.

i dont want to start a new thread but this is related. im planning on buying 1 of the new model dualshock 4 CUH-ZCT2U when released just to have a physical usb connection. however now im wondering if and when that battery dies, would the USB connection still let the controller function?

none of the stores around me (toronto) have even heard of the new controller coming.

sorry for hijack

3. AlanWeird

AlanWeird GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2011
    Scotland
    As the previous poster said, pop in a new battery before abandoning hope. Should be able to buy them cheap from ebay. Does the controller function when plugged in at all?

4. Zero72463
    OP

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    I mean it will connect to my PS4 with the very small amount of battery it has.

5. AlanWeird

AlanWeird GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2011
    Scotland
    That's absolutely fine then. The controller is okay. Just the battery is shit. (All DS4 batteries are shit. Sony screwed the pooch there).

Find a suitable, and cheap one on ebay, amazon or the like. Unscrew the back of the controller. Pop the new one in and you're sorted. It's very easy to do.

6. Zero72463
    OP

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    Should I get a rechargeable battery pack? Will it make my DS4 last even longer?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Does anyone know a PS4 controller that can take normal batteries?

7. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    You have to get a rechargeable battery pack, they don't make non-rechargable ones afaik. And it would be pretty dumb if they did, you'd have to open the controller up and replace it every time it dies.

As for your second question, there's maybe some 3rd party controller that does, I don't know. The quality wouldn't be anywhere near that of a DS4 tho. You could also mod a DS4 to take normal batteries pretty easily I assume, just match the voltage, but making normal batteries fit in it is another story...

8. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    United States
    If you can live a few days without a DS4 I would demand a replacement from Sony.
    You shouldn't spend money when they on purpose build controllers that are overpriced and break easily.

9. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    hori pad 4 is your only quality 3rd party option

[​IMG]

10. Zero72463
    OP

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    Thanks actually I just noticed you commented this. I just bought it before I noticed. I think the Hori is just fine. It even comes with extra features like turbo and assign a button to the back. Anyways at least this controller will last me until the PS5.

Sick Wario likes this.