*Sigh* Barbie Dreamhouse Party (SNZEVZ) freezes at title screen.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by PorcupineTheory, Apr 19, 2014.

1. PorcupineTheory
    OP

PorcupineTheory Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    I can't seem to find much info on this, I suppose there aren't that many 5 year old girls in the community. Regardless, I've got the Barbie Dreamhouse Party WBFS and a tiny human that demands that it function. On both the latest versions of USB Loader GX and WiiFlow, it starts normally, but when it gets to what is presumably a musical montage, it goes silent, then hits a hard freeze on the title screen. The only escape is to unplug the console. I've tried switching IOSes 249-250 (251 restarts the system with the game.) I thought it might be a PAL version, but even compensating for that yields an identical result. Anybody have any suggestions? My hearing depends on it.

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    What cIOS'es are you using? With what base IOS'es? Did you try Hermes (202, 222, 224)?

3. PorcupineTheory
    OP

PorcupineTheory Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Here's a steaming dump for maximum info:

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You don't seem to have Hermes cIOS'es installed - I usually use them for troubleshooting and can recommend them for all those "odd" games that refuse to work on d2x.

5. PorcupineTheory
    OP

PorcupineTheory Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Well, I'm all set up to do it, but the controllers turn off when I load the Hermes installer and won't turn back on until I reboot the console.

6. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    There's not much info about this game to be found in the internet. I found one spanish post about the exact same problem, without a solution.

Make sure to use the lastest versions of your usb loaders. Then make sure that IOS Reload block is on, and everything that patches the game is turned off. There are 1-2 games that are reported to not work if the game is patched in any way. This includes language settings, video mode patches, Ocarina just being turned on etc. Some loaders have some kind of clear patches option, try that.

Other than that, trying Hermes cIOS sounds like a good idea.

Hmm, it might be that you have "new" wii motes, which are not compatible with some old homebrew. A gamecube controller might work for the installer. Or you could try to find wad files of the Hermes cIOS.

7. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    For the future, before unplugging the console, try holding down the power button on the console for 10 seconds or so.

8. PorcupineTheory
    OP

PorcupineTheory Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    That was indeed the case, switching to an old controller allowed to to function. However, the install has hit another snag. However, I'm getting an error at the end of the mod that flashes by too quickly to get the whole thing. It checks the hashes on the IOS38 files for 222, all looks good, but then it returns an error that ends with -1017, Installer returned -1.

I certainly tried that. Unplugging was a last resort.

9. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Do you have IOS236? Does the installer allow to select the IOS that is used during the installation process? If yes, try with IOS236. For some system relevant hacking stuff IOS236 is superior to IOS249, like installing/deinstalling/downgrading stuff for example. Sadly it doesn't have usb 2.0 support and the sd and usb compatiblity might be slightly different.

If i remember correctly, this -1017 error here(in your situation) was introduced when the cIOS switched to using IOS56 as default base IOS. IOS56 uses different system sub commands as IOS36 or IOS38, which is why some homebrew is not compatible with current cIOS(IOS249).

PS: If the installer doesn't allow to select the used IOS, it gets complicated. If you can select IOS38 as base in the d2x installer, you can try that. Or some IOS236 installer might allow to use slot 249 instead of 236. Don't forget to reinstall the d2x cIOS with base IOS56 again after installing Hermes cIOS.
    PPS: Hmm, can ModMii generate wad files for Hermes cIOS? If yes, that's way less complicated.

10. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Worse comes to worse, you could appease your tiny human by just buying the game. A quick googling suggests it's not expensive.

Not saying don't use USB loading or anything like that, just if tiny human must be pleased, might be easier to just go that route than keep banging your head against this wall.

Don't tell tiny human, but there's also a Wii U version, apparently.

Good luck in any case.

11. goldenpipes

goldenpipes Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    United States
    Little Canada, Minnesota
    I have 2 little humans trying to play this game.

Were you ever able to get it to load?

Thanks in advance/sorry to necro!

12. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You would have to tag or quote the OP for him to see this.
    Anyway, better to PM him.

13. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    perhaps have either you or the op tryed booting and playing in dolphin?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

look at there message count, they appear to be new and may not understand that with giving a notification, btw, a note, you must have at least 10 messages to send a pm @goldenpipes