Sideways DS games

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ruri, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Ruri
    OP

Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2007
    United States
    I find it much easier to hold the DS 'sideways' for games like Puzzle Planet League, Brain Age, and Hotel Dusk than to hold it the usual way. Plus, it often feels like that lets them make better use of the two screens.

So... what other 'sideways-supporting' games are there? I know the new Ninja Gaiden is going to be like that, and there are parts of The Rub Rabbits that are sideways, too. But I can't think of anything else.

2. philthy

philthy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2005
    United States
    California
    Meteos Disney

3. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Nothing else matters. You've already touched on the only game to concern yourself with. [​IMG]

Seriously though (and I actually was serious, though), I can't really think of too many games that utilize the DS in that way, but it certainly seems like a nice option. Dragon Sword really has revealed how well an action game can work in that perspective. I hope we see more games not only of that caliber, but that also use the DS book-style.

EDIT: I just remember Planet Puzzle League. A fun puzzler, to be sure.

4. Austinz

Austinz GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2007
    Question. .

How would you find Space Invaders extreme with the sideways screen

5. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    On the Namco Museum DS game, you can set the option to change to sideways mode [​IMG]

6. Sendoh

Sendoh GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2007
    Senegal
    I prefer sideway games because it shows that the developer is confident of its control scheme and develop the game with the touchscreen in mind. I wished Picross would have a sideways mode though.

7. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Ninja Gaiden ds will be sideways.

8. Helix94

Helix94 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2007
    United States
    Ya, as far as I know you have mentioned all of them, except that Marvel Trading Card game(which seemed like rubbish to me).