Hacking DEAD [Shutdown]DragonInjector - Game Cart Payload Injector (Trinket M0 Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is the smartest thing I've read all week! Hope you can actually go through with this and the chinese don't steal your desgin, this is really well thought out! Best of luck

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
first of all, awesome idea! one thing that was "bothering" me with injector and jig was the transport!

but i have two questions :
- why does it have the classic game contact pads? does it have a gamecard connectivity with the switch? (maybe i missed the info)
- will it have a slot to also be able to include a sd card? (so in the case we use emunand and decide to have a dedicated sd card for it we could have a full "hack kit" in this form?)

again, thank you very much for your work!

Last edited by Engezerstorung,

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
- why does it have the classic game contact pads? does it have a gamecard connectivity with the switch? (maybe i missed the info)
- will it have a slot to also be able to include a sd card? (so in the case we use emunand and decide to have a dedicated sd card for it we could have a full "hack kit" in this form?)

Ok first the pads are there because he was looking yo charge it via the game cart slot. Now it's there to protect your game cart slot so it's like a norm ask cart

Second is it won't fit in a sd card. That's why he Has the dragon kicker which is a kickstand replacement that adds room for 3 (or 4 I forget ) st cards

Reactions: mikefor20

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's going on here...I see no updates. Has this been shelved - or is it coming out?
Long story short, he sent out some tester units, then came up with some ideas on how the design could be improved. Improved design includes a longer lasting battery and even waterproofing. So we're currently waiting on shipping for 15 new tester boards.

Keep tabs on the discord. It's updated a lot more often than here.

Reactions: Darksabre72

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Long story short, he sent out some tester units, then came up with some ideas on how the design could be improved. Improved design includes a longer lasting battery and even waterproofing. So we're currently waiting on shipping for 15 new tester boards.

Keep tabs on the discord. It's updated a lot more often than here.

the ver 14 testers got shelved because of the new revision ;)

But yes, currently waiting on 15 tester boards that have been pre-assembled to arrive then shortly after that it should be released

Last edited by Adran_Marit,
Reactions: Mouser X

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
upload_2019-6-22_10-23-2.png

One testers have been shipped their units the bulk order will be made if everything is up to scrath

Very soon hopefully

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
As @Adran_Marit mentioned above, the 15 tester boards are finally on their way to me, and PCBWay is working on a quote for a follow up batch of 525. They sent me some nice pictures of the boards that I've attached here. One is just before conformal coating, and the other is the BGA x-ray results. :)

Testing should take a few days once I receive them, and then I'll make some pics/videos of them and ship them off to my testers. Once they're happy, I'll submit the order for 525.

Thanks everyone for sticking around through development! As always, if you want more granular updates or want to chat, just pop in the Discord! :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

first of all, awesome idea! one thing that was "bothering" me with injector and jig was the transport!

again, thank you very much for your work!

Ok first the pads are there because he was looking yo charge it via the game cart slot. Now it's there to protect your game cart slot so it's like a norm ask cart

Second is it won't fit in a sd card. That's why he Has the dragon kicker which is a kickstand replacement that adds room for 3 (or 4 I forget ) st cards

That's correct about the pads, initially they were put there while I was playing around with charging via the card slot, but when that didn't pan out I left them in both for aesthetic reasons and so the friction of the card slot pins did not cause any damage.

The volume of a MicroSD card is almost half the volume of the DragonInjector, so there's unfortunately no chance of fitting a slot for one in there. To remedy this, as @chippy mentioned, I created a kickstand with 3 MicroSD card slots, called the DragonKicker. I haven't talked about it much in here, but it will be an optional add-on for any DragonInjector order. Picture attached!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 164
  • 20190127_145247.jpg
    20190127_145247.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 155
Last edited by MatinatorX,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonderful news! I'm super excited, I think I'm more excited about the DragonInjector than I was about the Switch releasing to begin with.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hqdefault.jpg

For those who haven't been following the discord lately, I'll give you a rundown

Tester version 17 units arrived about a week ago, some work was being done to get them running
unknown.png

As of a few minutes ago, Matinator successfully injected a payload with a version 17 dragoninjector. Some diodes need to be swapped out for the tester units, but will be prefixed for production
upload_2019-7-2_20-0-31.png

TLDR

First ver17 tester unit working, a little bit of work to still be done but mass production should be ready soon

Reactions: Snomannen_kalle

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
hqdefault.jpg

For those who haven't been following the discord lately, I'll give you a rundown

Tester version 17 units arrived about a week ago, some work was being done to get them running
unknown.png

As of a few minutes ago, Matinator successfully injected a payload with a version 17 dragoninjector. Some diodes need to be swapped out for the tester units, but will be prefixed for production
View attachment 171949

TLDR

First ver17 tester unit working, a little bit of work to still be done but mass production should be ready soon

This is a HUGE MILESTONE made possible by the extremely talented stuckpixel. Without them I would still be learning the ins and outs of SRAM and the v17 would be sitting pretty on my desk.

On the hardware side of things, everything looks great except the diodes. The ones I chose had too much leakage current and were messing things up, which was a huge pain to track down. Swapped in some 0603 diodes I had laying around and they worked nice and minty. TLDR is, I need to find some 0402 diodes with lower reverse current leakage. 3 promising candidates are in the mail to me now.

Once I have replacement diodes in place, I will be ordering 525 DIs. I still ha e to figure out how the testing phase will work, since I killed half my v17s narrowing down the diode issue.

Anyways, long story short, v14 is dead, long live v17, whose reign will start very soon.

Pictures and video after I get home from work.

:lol:

mosse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm currently using a sx pro dongle, and may be looking for an easy way to inject another random payload. This might be a good solution.
Looking forward to have good news about this project.

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Has final pricing been discussed yet? Would LOVE one of these. :)

Final price will be $25 USD, had to raise it up $2 since I'm getting the boards made at PCBWay now (couldn't quite do the bga myself).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Renders of the final design and pictures and videos of it working will follow in the coming days. I expect to be ordering a batch of 525 of them within 2 weeks. Haven't decided yet if I should open backorders for the 525 boards at that point, since it's gonna cost me a bundle, but also... backorders. Unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch