Shuntaro Furukawa officially appointed as new president of Nintendo

shuntaro-furukawa-656x437.jpg

This April, it was revealed during a shareholder's meeting that Nintendo of Japan would be shifting its position of CEO from Kimishima, to a new successor. It was then later revealed that Shuntaro Furukawa would be the one to take his place as the president of Nintendo. Now today, during Nintendo's 78th Annual Shareholder's Meeting, Kimishima has stepped down, and Furukawa was appointed as the new president of the company, making him the sixth person to have that position at Nintendo. Both men made statements, Kimishima's reflecting on his tenure and the success of the Switch's release, and Furukawa, and how he plans to direct Nintendo in the future.

Kimishima said:
I was appointed president due to the sudden passing of our former president, but due to the support of a great deal of good people – including shareholders – the Switch was released without a hitch. I don’t think I could retire at a better time. Thank you very much.

Furukawa said:
I will now be taking office as president and will serve as such at all future Board of Directors meetings. As a company, we will continue to change with the times, but no matter what we will continue to be a company that incorporates flexibility and ingenuity into the entertainment we produce – and continue to be devoted to making people smile.

:arrow: Source

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
What's this guys success record? What a lucky ass dude. "Here's the golden goose"
He helped develop the Switch, and was a director of The Pokemon Company for a time. His history is mostly in being an economics major and working as an accountant/marketer.

An impressive record, but not absolutely stunning, either. Hopefully he manages Nintendo well and keeps the success train going.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He helped develop the Switch, and was a director of The Pokemon Company for a time. His history is mostly in being an economics major and working as an accountant/marketer.

An impressive record, but not absolutely stunning, either. Hopefully he manages Nintendo well and keeps the success train going.
Well, he got handed the keys to a success train on auto-pilot. Literally all he has to do is just do what they've been doing and he'll be running the company to the Boards expectations. The Switch is a booming success.

Reactions: orangy57

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, he got handed the keys to a success train on auto-pilot. Literally all he has to do is just do what they've been doing and he'll be running the company to the Boards expectations. The Switch is a booming success.
Not exactly...
As I said in a previous thread about him, I hope he will be close to the public, like Iwata
However, he must finds his own character...
If he just copies Iwata, he wont be appreciated as much as Iwata
So yea, Mr. Furukawa, find your own characterm your own humor, all such thing, and be close to your customers ;)

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly...
As I said in a previous thread about him, I hope he will be close to the public, like Iwata
However, he must finds his own character...
If he just copies Iwata, he wont be appreciated as much as Iwata
So yea, Mr. Furukawa, find your own characterm your own humor, all such thing, and be close to your customers ;)
So exactly what I said. Keep doing what they're doing already.

Reactions: Noctosphere

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Kimishima too old anyway we need fresh younger blood to get more games on da switch. so far it's been a disappointment full of shitty indies and cardboard gimmicky crap! :creep:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this place isnt the right one to start trolling...
look it up FOOL just cos your a patron supporter doesn't mean you know what's been going on at the temp in the last 10 years lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kimishima too old anyway we need fresh younger blood to get more games on da switch. so far it's been a disappointment full of shitty indies and cardboard gimmicky crap! :creep:

look it up FOOL
A kajillion consoles sold say otherwise. IJS :ph34r::yayswitch:

Reactions: DarthDub

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

look it up FOOL just cos your a patron supporter doesn't mean you know what's been going on at the temp in the last 10 years lol:
lol, it's just that the way you were talking, it sounded like if you though that the Switch was made by only one guy

Also, wtf is my patreon doing with this?

Last edited by Noctosphere,
Reactions: brickmii82

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
being an economic guy might be bad, since he could cancel projects that he thinks wont profit much and such because he is a numbers guy.

Yeah Nintendo are becoming a numbers company like a mobile developer. Their soon going to charge people for what is currently free, online multiplayer which I think is a disgrace. $20 a year might not be much but that's not the point

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over