Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ShowMiiWads is a 'WAD File Manager' for Windows.
It is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
The .NET-Framework 2.0 is required to run this application!
The (Common-)Key.bin is required for full functionality (Can be created using Tools -> Create Common-Key)

For further information or if you have suggestions, found bugs or anything else,
visit: http://showmiiwads.googlecode.com/
You can simply translate the application by editing the example.slang, if you
want to have your translation included into the application, contact me..

Download: http://code.google.com/p/showmiiwads/downloads/list
(Please just link to this site and don't mirror the archive, thanks!)

QUOTE said:
Changelog:

Version 1.2
  • Fixed a bug that caused ShowMiiNand not to load the List with the saved entries
  • You can replace Banner and Icon images (the resultant U8's can be Lz77 compressed!)
  • Added Dol Insertion (uses Waninkokos Nandloader)
  • Installation to Nand does now update uid.sys, if required
  • Improved Virtual Console detection to display System (NES, SNES, ...)
  • Fixed U8 Unpacking (Now works with every proper U8 archive)
  • Added batch renaming including variables, e.g. {titleid} (use 'Rename' button)
  • Added ability to Backup and Restore save data
  • Added some Tools (U8 Packing, Lz77 Compression, ...)
  • Deleted 'Pack Wad Without Trailer', just delete the trailer file if you don't want it
    tongue.gif
  • Bugfixes and Improvements
  • Added editing of IOS Slot (Note: Both these features are untested and dangerous!)
  • Added editing of Title Version (Use them at your own risk and only with BootMii/boot2!)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Love this app
smile.gif

Did you fix the arc extraction we talked about ? It doesn't say in the change log and I can't test for a while.

The uid.sys fix will now help a lot of people who had problems with triiforce before, so thanks for that
wink.gif

I've got another feature request (not important) but....
Waninkokos savegame manager extracts saves from the Wii unencrypted, would you consider an importer for the saves ?

This would make it easier for those having trouble moving saves over.

All that would be needed is someone to select their drive (that the wanin saves were on, SD was inserted into) Then copy them to the correct folder on NAND. The folder names would also need changed slightly, but I'm sure it's easy stuff to implement.
EG: copy from |SD:savegames>00010001########| TO |NAND:title>00010001>########|

I also had an idea for the mii's and nand.bin files but I'll work out bugs before I ask (request should be simple imho)

If your too busy to implement my saves idea, just ignore me
tongue.gif
Your app still rules
wink.gif

If you need any help I'm just a pm away.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read a bit about wad2nand, and as far as I can tell it ONLY does the tik, and title and doesn't do the shared contents. This means that for example when using triiforce many games that require these files fail to boot.

Does this app install the shared contents too ? Or does it only install the title + tik ?

I've got a zillion other ideas, but I get the feeling your mouse pointer is heading towards the ignore Slimmmmmm button
tongue.gif

As always if I can help with anything, just ask.

**BUG**

I used the backup saves option and it only saved the banner.bin and not the actual save data.
This was from a nand backup with ActionLoop Twist.

Expected....
data/banner.bin
data/file/save.dat

Got....
data/banner.bin

Also wwhen using the backup save option it backsup some other un-needed stuff.
Maybe there should be the option for it to backup...
-Wiiware & VC -- 00010001 folder
-Wii Saves -- 00010000 folder
-DLC -- (cant remember the folder as I type)
or ALL ??

The 2 folders
00000001/00000002 etc and
00010002/ etc
are not saves, but sys settings etc. Maybe they could be under an option "backup sys settings" or something.

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slimmmmmm said:
Did you fix the arc extraction we talked about ? It doesn't say in the change log and I can't test for a while.

QUOTE said:
Fixed U8 Unpacking (Now works with every proper U8 archive)

guess this line should be the answer
tongue.gif

so with this i can open up an IOS wad and change its IOS slot?

yes, but consider the 'Note' in the changelog. Shouldn't be a problem if you have BootMii/boot2 + NAND Dump though. If you're gonna try it, tell me if it works (Too bad I can't install BootMii to boot2, else I would have tried it myself...)

Slimmmmmm said:
I've read a bit about wad2nand, and as far as I can tell it ONLY does the tik, and title and doesn't do the shared contents. This means that for example when using triiforce many games that require these files fail to boot.

Does this app install the shared contents too ? Or does it only install the title + tik ?

I've got a zillion other ideas, but I get the feeling your mouse pointer is heading towards the ignore Slimmmmmm button
tongue.gif

As always if I can help with anything, just ask.

Yupp, it also installs shared contents, if they aren't already there.

I'm just a bit stressed with university and all and need some days to relax (Won't ignore you, don't worry
wink.gif
) *Or should I?*
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Slimmmmmm @ Nov 16 2009, 12:45 AM)
**BUG**

I used the backup saves option and it only saved the banner.bin and not the actual save data.
This was from a nand backup with ActionLoop Twist.

Expected....
data/banner.bin
data/file/save.dat

Got....
data/banner.bin

Also wwhen using the backup save option it backsup some other un-needed stuff.
Maybe there should be the option for it to backup...
-Wiiware & VC -- 00010001 folder
-Wii Saves -- 00010000 folder
-DLC -- (cant remember the folder as I type)
or ALL ??

The 2 folders
00000001/00000002 etc and
00010002/ etc
are not saves, but sys settings etc.

Whoops, you're absolutely right, I forgot the subfolders
biggrin.gif
Will do that later...
As for the unneeded stuff, you could just sort the list and select all non-system titles as a 'workaround'.
Should be easily done when all system titles are sorted above or below everything else.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
1 more post here (then I'll leave you alone....today)

I've not tested the arc files, even though you said it's fixed I don't believe anyone until I've tried it myself
huh.gif

The changing IOS slot does work, I changed a couple to try it out and all seemed cool, note I never tested for long but the slot was changed, it did install to the wii and I was able to use that IOS in an app I have with no ill efects. This might not work for all ios or all apps as I obviously only did a quick test.
Never bricked though.

Tried another few saves and same bug as reported above.

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Glad to hear the slot changing works.
smile.gif

Thanks for testing it.

I just repacked the Archives. Redownload the app and the bug with the saves should be fixed (didn't want to make a new Version for that
biggrin.gif
)

For sure, you're always of great help, Slimmmmmm!
grog.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to constantly point out faults, but I know you can take constructuve criticisms. I'm sure you'd rather I get to the point about what I see as wrong and if you don't like my constant feature request etc tell me to f00k off, I can take it
wink.gif

OK.... got another thing bugging me.

I want to use your apps to replace about 30 apps I use just now (all linked by batch files, it's a mess)

Repacking of VC doesn't work in both of your tools (showmiiwads & customizemii)
Not checked why and am off to bed soon, I think it's a file size thing (md5 ?? )

Now I KNOW your wanting to keep these apps legit and legal, and that's cool but there are many legitimate reasons of wanting to repack these wads.

I'll figure out what the problem is in each maybe tomorrow.
In customizemii when I try to edit a VC wad it says something about something being missing (I'll give better details if someone doesn't beat me to it)
and in showmiiwads when I repack an edited VC is wont install on the Wii -4100 error.

As I said, too tired to figure it out tonight, here are some legitimate reasons for wanting to edit VC wads....

- Customise the emanual (I love doing this myself, and if I can get a system to do it easy, I'll do a guide. Most have classic control but not GC pad which you use if you dont have a CC)
- Add other languages
- Change the display picture (if you copy a wad and change ID*)

* Say a game has only x amount of save files, it's good to have 2x the game each with own ID and save, but not if they look the same (other reasons too)

blah, blah blah

/me shuts up now
smile.gif

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slimmmmmm said:
Sorry to constantly point out faults, but I know you can take constructuve criticisms. I'm sure you'd rather I get to the point about what I see as wrong and if you don't like my constant feature request etc tell me to f00k off, I can take it
wink.gif

OK.... got another thing bugging me.

I want to use your apps to replace about 30 apps I use just now (all linked by batch files, it's a mess)

Repacking of VC doesn't work in both of your tools (showmiiwads & customizemii)
Not checked why and am off to bed soon, I think it's a file size thing (md5 ?? )

Now I KNOW your wanting to keep these apps legit and legal, and that's cool but there are many legitimate reasons of wanting to repack these wads.

I'll figure out what the problem is in each maybe tomorrow.
In customizemii when I try to edit a VC wad it says something about something being missing (I'll give better details if someone doesn't beat me to it)
and in showmiiwads when I repack an edited VC is wont install on the Wii -4100 error.

As I said, too tired to figure it out tonight, here are some legitimate reasons for wanting to edit VC wads....

- Customise the emanual (I love doing this myself, and if I can get a system to do it easy, I'll do a guide. Most have classic control but not GC pad which you use if you dont have a CC)
- Add other languages
- Change the display picture (if you copy a wad and change ID*)

* Say a game has only x amount of save files, it's good to have 2x the game each with own ID and save, but not if they look the same (other reasons too)

blah, blah blah

/me shuts up now
smile.gif

Just had a quick test repacking two VC WAD each with CustomizeMii and ShowMiiWads and all worked
unsure.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm

I've no time tonight to recreate the bug. Basically I extracted the N^$ Mario 64 wad, extracted the 5app, and then the html.arc, made some changes and repacked. iir 5apps dont need md5 resigning, but tbh I can't remeber everything I did to the wad
tongue.gif

If it happens again (I'll be doing some more editing within a few days, I'll document each step exactly so you can reproduce etc) It might have been an error at my end if you don't get the problem, but I did pack the same files with other tools and it installed, I'll unpack and take a look, maybe it was due to the size (it was erm massive)

I was looking @ wiibrew at the comments regarding your app and I'm totally shocked at how negative the comments were
frown.gif
Some people need to take a chill pill
laugh.gif

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah, I didn't change anything at all, so I didn't get the error..
I forgot to update the SHA1 hashes in the tmd, that's what gives you error 4100. Fixed it for the next version.
That shouldn't occur with CustomizeMii, because it does update the hashes.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Leathl, I just wanted to tell u I love this program. It is by far the easiest one of its kind to use. Don't listen to any assholes on the net complaining. I hope you keep working to make this app even better, but even if u don't, I just want to be one of the few people genuinely saying thank you.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome app here!
wink.gif

Just wondering if the config auto-updates?

On 1.1 I would always have issues with the app loading up due to missing wads that were written into the cfg. Not a major issue or anything though, and great work.

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks
smile.gif
You're the guys I'm doin all this work for.

mdmachine said:
On 1.1 I would always have issues with the app loading up due to missing wads that were written into the cfg. Not a major issue or anything though, and great work.

I think it should be fixed, I'm not sure though
unsure.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Leathl said:
Thanks
smile.gif
You're the guys I'm doin all this work for.

mdmachine said:

I think it should be fixed, I'm not sure though
unsure.gif

Yep fixed in 1.2
biggrin.gif

Rion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Request

Ability to select all Wads and only extract the Banner "VCpic" for the wad and automatically named to Title ID.
Why? Well to use with Triiforce MRC
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning