Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ShowMiiWads is a 'WAD File Manager' for Windows.
It is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
The .NET-Framework 2.0 is required to run this application!
The (Common-)Key.bin is required for full functionality (Can be created using Tools -> Create Common-Key)

For further information or if you have suggestions, found bugs or anything else,
visit: http://showmiiwads.googlecode.com/
You can simply translate the application by editing the example.slang, if you
want to have your translation included into the application, contact me..

Download: http://code.google.com/p/showmiiwads/downloads/list
(Please just link to this site and don't mirror the archive, thanks!)

QUOTE said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog:

Version 1.0b
- Fixed a bug where every entry was added multiple times in ShowMiiNand
- Fixed VC / WiiWare detection (Thanks to giantpune for the hint!)
- Added auto updatecheck at startup

Version 1.0
- Finally got independant of external tools (saves about 3 MB) All reading, editing and writing of wad and related files is now done by my own classes!
- (common-)key.bin must now be in the application directory
- Added ShowMiiNand (will show all installed titles on your NAND Backup)
- Installed Titles can be packed to a Wad (ShowMiiNand)
- Installation Queue for ShowMiiNand (drag wad files or folders onto the list and they will be queued, click install to extract them to the NAND Backup)
- Better type detection (IOS, SysMenu, Hidden Channel, ... Unfortunately, VC / WiiWare detection returns official channel to be VC / WiiWare, so it's turned off)
- Channel Title will be displayed depending on your language (only for embedded languages)
- Option to add all subfolders (e.g. add C:\Wads and C:\Wads\Channel + C:\Wads\IOS + ... will be added)
- Shared contents will now be copied (if not exist) to Nand Backup (Extract To Nand)
- Preview of Banner and Icon (only pics, no animation of course) (Some Images will be like empty, could be unsupported format (few) or they are just empty (most))
- Added Tools Menu (Pack Wads, Unpack U8, Convert TPL, Create Common-Key)
- Added Option to create Backups before editing
- French translation added (Thanks to carbonyle)
- Added Update Check (yet only checks, but doesn't download)
- Bugfixes and small changes

Version 0.3
- From-to sizes / blocks for big Wads (it was minimum size before)
- System Titles will be shown (IOS / System Menu)
- New columns for Type (Channel / System), Channel Title and Version
- Extract Wads to NAND Backup (Only important files, for use with TriiForce / NAND Emulation)
- Extract Wads to Folder (All files)
- Added some shortcuts
- External language files can be loaded (see example.slang)
- Fixed a bug with the filecount label (raised with every refresh)
- Batch changing to Region Free (all Wads in a folder)
- Option to show either foldername or full path in groupheader
- Export list to file (txt and csv, same file with different extension)
- Added 'Recently Opened' folders menu
- Changing of Channel Title (Displayed when holding cursor over a channel on wii)
-> You can also see the title for other languages by clicking
'Change Channel Title'. Only the english title is displayed in the column.

Version 0.2
- Rewrote some code, so .NET Framework 3.5 isn't needed anymore
- Better errorhandling, invalid Wads won't be shown anymore
- Possibility to change Title IDs
- Possibility to change Region Flags (using freethewads.exe)
- WadDataInfo.exe isn't needed separately anymore, it's embedded
- Multiple folder support
- Drag & Drop support (single or multiple files/folders)
- Copy / Move files between folders
- Windowsize and -location is saved
- Some little things

Version 0.1b
- Little bugfix

Version 0.1
- List all Wad files of a specified folder
- Rename Wad files
- Delete Wad files
- Multilanguage (English + German)
- .NET Framework 3.5 needed for full funcionality
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

Editing WAD files can result in a brick of your Wii.
Only use these features if you have a bricksafe Wii, meaning either Preloader or
BootMii/boot2 is installed, and if you know what you're doing.
Also, your Wad files could be destroyed, so be sure to have a backup.

This application comes without any express or implied warranty.
The author can't be held responsible for any damages arising from the use of it.

icefire / Xuzz for Wii.py (which was the base for TPL conversion)
SquidMan for Zetsubou (which was a reference for TPL conversion)
Andre Perrot for gbalzss (which was the base for LZ77 decompression)
NeoRame for the Logo
Blitzur for Betatesting
kedest for Betatesting
nutta_nic for Betatesting
Dteyn for Betatesting
acesniper for Betatesting
carbonyle for French translation
Everyone for using this application

License:

Copyright © 2009 Leathl

ShowMiiWads is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

ShowMiiWads is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you, love it!
yaynds.gif

thefunkygibbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
excellent. does this allow you to actually "install" wads to a mem card via a PC... ie without having to do it via the Wii? would be nice to be able to do that (no idea if it is even feasible!)
would also be handy if you could multiple select items (ie shift/ctrl click on a bunch to run actions on them instead of one at a time)
also also,.. deleting a wad seems to send the app a bit spazzy. ie my folder of a fair few wads when i deleted one it looks like it is reloading the whole folder again (it took about 10 mins to do it the first time and havent yet waited that long again, but I'm assuming thats what its doing)

and whats with the filesize/block count being very vague? is it not possible to accurately tell from the wad how much space it is going to take up?

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thefunkygibbon said:
excellent. does this allow you to actually "install" wads to a mem card via a PC... ie without having to do it via the Wii? would be nice to be able to do that (no idea if it is even feasible!)
would also be handy if you could multiple select items (ie shift/ctrl click on a bunch to run actions on them instead of one at a time)
also also,.. deleting a wad seems to send the app a bit spazzy. ie my folder of a fair few wads when i deleted one it looks like it is reloading the whole folder again (it took about 10 mins to do it the first time and havent yet waited that long again, but I'm assuming thats what its doing)

Installation to SD Cards can't be done. Didn't have a look into those files yet.
As for the deletion, I'll fix it, thanks
smile.gif

What actions would you like to run on multiple files?

thefunkygibbon said:
and whats with the filesize/block count being very vague? is it not possible to accurately tell from the wad how much space it is going to take up?

From the FAQs:

Question:

Why is the size a range for some wads?
Answer:

The Wii uses shared contents, meaning that some wads use exactly the same content files.
Having that files multiple times on NAND would be a waste of space, thus these contents are stored in /shared1/.
Now, the smaller size suggests you already got all shared contents required by the wad file in your /shared1/ folder (so only non-shared contents will be installed,
while the bigger size suggests that you got none of them (so all contents will be installed).

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Installation to SD Cards can't be done. Didn't have a look into those files yet.
as far as using this to install wads to a nand on USB/SD it should be straight forward. it will need to decrypt the contents and just create the 2 proper folders in the file structure. the names of the folders are (i believe)
title/(0xupper)/(0xlower)/content/
ticket/(0xupper)/(0xlower)/
so for installing a wad of IOS60 you would need the folders to be called /00000001/0000003c/
then just copy the decrypted shit into those folders. obviously the ticket goes in eth ticket folder and put the rest of the shit in the content folder. im just going from memory here, so double check with FTPii. if you see a data folder, that is gamesave shit. the main thing is just use the first u32 of the title for 1 folder (the type) and the last u32 for the subfolder.

type 00010001 titles not starting with "H" should appear in triiforce unless they have changed it around since i last saw the source. i guess you can add different IOS to the nand being emulated (but it will be completely useless because reloading ios will kill emulation just like it kills alt dol games).

thefunkygibbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Leathl said:
thefunkygibbon said:

As for the deletion, I'll fix it, thanks
smile.gif

What actions would you like to run on multiple files?

thefunkygibbon said:

From the FAQs:

Question:

Why is the size a range for some wads?
Answer:

The Wii uses shared contents, meaning that some wads use exactly the same content files.
Having that files multiple times on NAND would be a waste of space, thus these contents are stored in /shared1/.
Now, the smaller size suggests you already got all shared contents required by the wad file in your /shared1/ folder (so only non-shared contents will be installed,
while the bigger size suggests that you got none of them (so all contents will be installed).

well actions on multiple files would be useful region free'ing or deleting.. to name 2 which i came across last night.

the "installing" to mem card? is that just not possible at all yet? it just seems a bit of a ball ache with having to copy wad to mem card move mem card to wii install to mem go to mem manager copy game to sd. takes about 10 mins per game. guess its something to do with encryption though.

sorry about the wad size thing, i scoured the f.a.q's for the other questions but wasnt looking for this question at that point so passed me by. doh.

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
batch changing to region free is possible, there's an option 'Complete Folder To Region Free'
biggrin.gif

as for the deletion i'm sure you can use the windows explorer
wink.gif

afair, the channel files on the sd card are encrypted in a .bin file.
i already thought about it a few weeks ago, but must have forgotten it. dunno if i can handle those files, i'll search for some documentation on it

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't have a system menu that will create the .bin of the channel from the SD card menu, but have you tried decrypting it with the common key? i would be interrested to see if 1)every wii created the identical .bin for every channel 2)the file size of the .bin is congruent with the size of the folders in the nand.

My guess is that the .bin will contain only the contents of the title/blabla/blbla/content folder. this means that you will still need to put a ticket on the wii through conventional methods; and before you can create this .bin, you will need to know what is in the shared folders of the wii. And if you are going to be poking around this much in the nand, you might as well put a channel there while you're at it.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
1.0b is excellent for use with Triiforce, ShowmiiNAND is a nice feature to show the channels of a NAND dump so you can delete channels not needed in the dump for WW/VC launching in Triiforce, keeps the EMU size down

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice to see it released as 1.0
smile.gif

I tested it and it works great with nand.

I see you added it to Wiibrew, and it seems to create ethic problem with wads and nand. It's almost cross line (I think it's illegal as it's allow to install to nand, it's my fault sorry
unsure.gif
)
If you plan to add bootmii nand, add a remaining blocks check, to be able to restore edited nand to wii.

I saw few errors in French translation, maybe it's already corrected :
I'll tell you here to correct for the next release (no offense to Carbonyle)

Edit/Change Region Flag/Complete Folder To Region Free -> Opération de dézonnage terminé
Correction : Appliquer le dézonnage au dossier complet
or Maybe better (see With Carbonyle what he think is better, I personally like the second one) :
Dézonner tous les Wad du dossier

Option/Create Backups Before Editing -> Faîtes des sauvegardes avant d'éditer vos fichiers
Correction : Créer une sauvegarde avant l'édition d'un fichier

Option/Add sub-folders -> Ajouter un sous dossier
Correction : Ajouter les sous-dossiers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte