Gaming Shovelware Type Ranking for the NDS

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Now that we're approaching the end of the NDS life cycle, I thought I'd compile a top-10 list of the types of shovelware there are too many of on the NDS, just for the fun of it (entries with (?) are ones I'm not sure of and are open to discussion):

1. Bejeweled (Match-three) clones
2. Pony/Horse/Pet games (except Nintendogs)
3. Titanic games
4. Seek-and-Find games
5. Sudoku games
6. Occupation games i.e. Imagine series (thx Sora de Eclaune/Foxi4 for the contribution)
7. Western Fashion model/dress up/makeup games (thx Vampire Lied for the contribution)
8. Games based on TV programs(?)
9. Any game with the word "ZOO" on its cover(?)

Can anyone think of any others?

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The horse/pony games could be expanded to include "animal games" in general.
The only possible exception being nintendogs since it supposedly is high quality for a pet game.
Id also include all the dress up/makeup games like tangled, moxi girls, barbie etc.
The system was flooded with crap titles.
Maybe that's what makes the good ones really shine.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Definitely "Games connected with various types of dream occupations for kids". I've seen games about police officers, firefighters, hospital employees, astronauts... Not sure if that counts as an "Imagine" game or not, but there's a myriad of those.

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The horse/pony games could be expanded to include "animal games" in general.
The only possible exception being nintendogs since it supposedly is high quality for a pet game.

Animal games seem too wide a genre...all those pet games though (except nintendogs and maybe a few others) definitely fit the shovelware bill.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone mentioned those "word coach" games?
The language games? You mean like "My Spanish Coach" and "My Chinese Coach"? Those aren't bad. In fact, our own Japanese expert Densetsu recommended "My Japanese Coach", and I've played it, it's pretty good.
Oh really? those ARENT shovelware? interesting. Ive been judging them all wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1