Shovel Knight to get physical release again, Showdown and King of Cards expansions get launch date

SKacs.jpg

Next year will be a fairly major milestone for the 2014 retro throwback indie Shovel Knight. Not only will it be receiving the recently announced Showdown party battle mode, but the third and final story expansion, King of Cards, will also be releasing on the same day. As a bonus, a physical edition will be sold as well, which includes the full Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove experience by packing in all the content for the game at a $39.99 price point. This physical release will only be for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in both North America and Europe. If that wasn't enough, the previously revealed Shovel Knight amiibo three pack, with Specter Knight, King Knight, and Plague Knight will also release the same day as the prior mentioned two expansions. King of Cards, the amiibo pack, and Showdown will all be out on April 9, 2019. The physical Shovel Knight pack currently has no release date.

Daisy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, they've just doing the strech goal xD People paid for this
Oh, really? Haha. Got themselves locked in there, then, I guess. Must get tiring working on the same game for this long..!

Honestly, I would have bought SK Switch they hadn't seperated Treasure Trove or whatever.

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, really? Haha. Got themselves locked in there, then, I guess. Must get tiring working on the same game for this long..!

Honestly, I would have bought SK Switch they hadn't seperated Treasure Trove or whatever.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight
Should soon be finished ahah
Well the Treasure Trove contain the complete game+dlc (like the others console), they just released one of the dlc on stand alone for those that already had the game on other plateforme. But if you buy the treasure trove one, you'll got the base got, that dlc and all others one.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i want a definite version with all dlc included, if that happens i will get it ton switch for sure if its all on the cart with no download codes.

D

Deleted User

While the continued support is nice, I really do wish Yacht Club Games would release a full-on sequel or follow-up to the original game, instead of trying to keep it alive via new game modes.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wow... seeing when the Amiibo were first announced, it seemed surreal that any date other than 2018 would be the release window for King of Cards... yet here we are. 2019. Damn.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha, was just thinking they were milking it and I scroll down and someone else has already said it.

Yacht Club has been making Shovel Knight expansions for nearly 5 years now. Let it go!
They probably will after this. They already said this is the last addition to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove... This was all just stuff they promised in the Kickstarter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1