Shovel Knight joins Rivals of Aether roster

Though Shovel Knight achieved Assist Trophy status in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, that won't be the only appearance the character will be making in a fighting game this year. The titular character from Yacht Club Games' indie hit will be joining Rivals of Aether as a new roster addition. Rivals of Aether is a Smash-like 2D sprite based party fighting game, where you have to knock other players off a stage, much like the game that it's based on. This marks the second guest character pack for the game, following Ori from Ori and the Blind Forest, who was added last year. You'll be able to play as Shovel Knight when he launches later this fall, for $4.99, on both Steam and Xbox One.

:arrow: Steam Page

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I really cannot play any other game that is smash-inspired if it's not Nintendo's. I think the characters are just the most remarkable thing of most of the game, and getting all of them out to replace with different ones, it kind just loses the whole essence of it tbh. I think the only game that sounded interesting to me even not being Nintendo's is the Jump Force one. But apart from that, no other "smash" game has really interested me.
No, it's the gameplay. Smash 64 would even be fun if it were just polygon fighters from the bonus stage. The others don't feel right (physics, % meter etc).
However, I even have my concerns regarding Smash Ultimate. The trajectory is odd (accelerates extremely fast and then stops), not good for hitting enemies in the air who were sent flying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"