ROM Hack Shounen Sunday & Shounen Magazine: White Comic translation

jtmoney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play this game in english desperately enough to translate it! Only problem is i don't speak or read japanese. If anyone out there know any tools or programs i would need to do this properly please let me know. Also i would of course except any help with this.

Thanks

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
How do you plan to do it if 1) You don't speak or read Japanese 2) You have no idea how to translate it 3) You obviously haven't bothered Googling ROM hacking
http://www.romhacking.net/ is a good place to start.
smile.gif

jtmoney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of using google translator then making the jumble it spits out it into real sentences for translations and thanks for a good place to start

jtmoney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what text editor do you all use for translating?
sorry if i'm pestering with n00b questions?
managed to extract ROM but kinda stuck there.
also what do you use to extract text from .bin files?

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please just go away and forget that you ever played this game. (If you don't know any Japanese then wtf were you doing playing it in the first place?)

You need to be more realistic with yourself if you think that you can translate a a game with no Japanese skills, no ROM hacking skills, and apparently minimal motivation to acquire those skills on your own. FYI there most likely isn't a program that will do specifically what you want. There are the basic tools like filesystem browsers, etc, but under most circumstances tools have to be developed on a per-game basis. Translating a game that hasn't been hacked before means doing some real ROM hacking. Come back if and when you are prepared to do that.

jtmoney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am prepared to do that. Thank you very much. I DO admit that I don't know what I am doing that's why I am prepared to learn it on this. That was why I was asking what I needed to acquire to do so because I didn't know. So, please do try to help me with this.

CocoaMac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest that you grab a good hex editor to check things out, and perhaps a IDE- Visual Studio Express is pretty good, when I used it last. How much experience do you have with development and file formats?

jtmoney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unfortunately don't have any experience with either but i did manage to extract everything.

Here is what was extracted.
arm7.bin
arm9.bin
banner.bin
header.bin
y9.bin
/data
/data/d_bg.bin
/data/d_bttmodel.bin
/data/d_bttscript.bin
/data/d_bttunianm.bin
/data/d_char.bin
/data/d_event.bin
/data/d_eventcut.bin
/data/d_layout.bin
/data/d_map.bin
/data/d_mess.bin
/data/d_minicut.bin
/data/d_model.bin
/data/d_pack.bin
/data/d_param.bin
/data/d_sce.bin
/data/d_sys.bin
/data/d_tex.bin
/data/d_unianm.bin
/data/d_unit.bin
/data/d_vanime.bin
/data/sound2_data.sdat
/data/sound_data.sdat
/overlay
/overlay/overlay_0000.bin
/overlay/overlay_0001.bin
/overlay/overlay_0002.bin
/overlay/overlay_0003.bin
/overlay/overlay_0004.bin
/overlay/overlay_0005.bin
/overlay/overlay_0006.bin
/overlay/overlay_0007.bin
/overlay/overlay_0008.bin
/overlay/overlay_0009.bin
/overlay/overlay_0010.bin
/overlay/overlay_0011.bin
/overlay/overlay_0012.bin
/overlay/overlay_0013.bin
/overlay/overlay_0014.bin
/overlay/overlay_0015.bin
/overlay/overlay_0016.bin
/overlay/overlay_0017.bin
/overlay/overlay_0018.bin
/overlay/overlay_0019.bin
/overlay/overlay_0020.bin

If anyone here recognizes anything by looking at these file names please do let me know what you know.

Thank you

riemi

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I just started playing this game. I'll be happy to provide a basic translation- but since I'm not very proficient in it, at most I can give you is an idea of what's going on in the game- and that's after I'm done with it - that would take a long time! I think the EASIEST way out is to actually start learning the language. If you seriously want to understand it, that is.

if you still want the whole trans, you'll have to wait a long time. maybe 3 years. a basic one might take me the time I use to finish the game, god knows how long.

Still, it'll be better if you just learn the language.

riemi

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
besides lots of people were getting stuck in funny places through the game. You can check the gamefaq board for some help from other players if you still insist on playing this game. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/961736-shou...ine-white-comic

at least you'd know what to do if you're stuck somewhere.

They said it's kinda like yu gi oh, with turn base battles... I'm starting to feel like I don't want to play it. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1