Hacking Should YSMenu become the offcial R4 Firmware?

Should YSMenu become the offcial R4 Firmware?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WarioN64 said:
I think it should because its still being updated and supports EZ 3in1 Slot 2 Packs.

No because Yasu would not work for nothing. Why do you think Yasu does not allow people to link his UNOFFICIAL FIRMWARE.

@ Rockstar 99: You beat me to it.

Nugg2396

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
YSMenu is really really really REALLY great. 100x better than 1.18. Except it's missing some of the official firmware's features, such as Clear All Cheats(which is mega useful)

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
guys.. its just a opinion.. hes asking do you think it should? =.=''

well i think it should because its pretty great, my R4DLDI.DAT is stuffed up tho ;'(

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
zeromac said:
guys.. its just a opinion.. hes asking do you think it should? =.=''

well i think it should because its pretty great, my R4DLDI.DAT is stuffed up tho ;'(
Rebuild YSMenu with this modified r4ysauto - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7232

It contains the latest unofficial DSTT firmware (v1.17a07), it recognises the latest YSMenu (0903270000) and most importantly it keeps the dldi file intact.

QUOTE(WarioN64 @ Oct 3 2009, 01:57 PM) I think it should because its still being updated and supports EZ 3in1 Slot 2 Packs.
It hasn't been updated in over six months and the updates you're thinking of (game fixes) are down to the DSTT firmware, not YSMenu.

YSMenu can never become the official firmware but it will forever more be the recommended firmware. Isn't that enough?

EDIT: The DSTT firmware hasn't been officially updated for nine months and also relies on unofficial updates. YSMenu is actually an unofficial firmware made from an unofficial firmware.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Its just an opnion.
wink.gif

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No, because the offical firmware actually updated about a week ago R4i V1.11b, So there not completely dead, the stopped working on the 1.18 Kernel, but focused on r4i which runs on most r4 cards even clones. And YSMenu is far to confusing to get to work while r4i V1.11b is simply drag and drop, insta work. Maybe if YSMenu was like that it would be ok-ish, but 1.11b runs all games perfect that ive tried so far INCLUDING kingdom hearts and Mario: BIS, So yea
happy.gif

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
No, because the offical firmware actually updated about a week ago R4i V1.11b, So there not completely dead, the stopped working on the 1.18 Kernel, but focused on r4i which runs on most r4 cards even clones. And YSMenu is far to confusing to get to work while r4i V1.11b is simply drag and drop, insta work. Maybe if YSMenu was like that it would be ok-ish, but 1.11b runs all games perfect that ive tried so far INCLUDING kingdom hearts and Mario: BIS, So yea
happy.gif
The team working on the r4i firmware isn't the original r4 team...

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a good idea but it'll never happen. Since all R4s are essentially clones of other cards, the only thing that sets one apart from another is each ones "official" firmware. Get rid of that and R4 might as well disappear for good.

Momamaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
happy.gif

it may work and i didnt know that but r4i is a clone!!! so stop acting like r4 team is still around

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself