Should we say RIP windows 7 now?

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 7 is not supported by newer architectures and will not get any new technologies (like NVME support) and it will only get CRITICAL updates from now until 2020. since it is only getting critical updates it is practically dead isnt it?

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. you shouldn't be using it anyways, and if you have old or obsolete hardware you should look into replacing the system or devising a custom solution if the system is critical.
my grandmas pc still runs windows 7my moms was forcibly upgraded to 10, mine came with 10, my dad upgraded his from 8.1 to 10

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i don't dig windows 7 gold edition and i think those are for the most stubborn people that cannot seem to let go of their old hardware and even support for those end at some point
Not everybody likes what you like. They may not like Win8.1+, and they may not like the alternatives of Win7.

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everybody likes what you like. They may not like Win8.1+, and they may not like the alternatives of Win7.
honestly windows 8.1 might be my next best bet but they are doing a similar thing with that too Microsoft is only concerned on 10

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm sure his grandmother would love to take time away from her knitting to learn how to be a computer technician.
i am her computer technician i am the one who fixed it when the hard drive died

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i don't dig windows 7 gold edition and i think those are for the most stubborn people that cannot seem to let go of their old hardware and even support for those end at some point

Try playing a Win 95 game on Win7.
-snip-

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Windows 7 is not supported by newer architectures and will not get any new technologies (like NVME support) and it will only get CRITICAL updates from now until 2020. since it is only getting critical updates it is practically dead isnt it?
What are you on about? NVMe works just fine in Windows 7 provided you have the drivers for it.

Reactions: migles

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Until Microsoft say so. It is still much alive and the critical update is still activate. My other laptop update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 because I feel that it is the time to do so. I have MAC, by the way.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i was just using NVME as an example you cannot put anything newer than skylake and install windows 7 on it
you can, i just did installed windows 7 in my kaby lake in my samsung nvme a month ago..
but trying to get updates throws up the "your cpu is too new" message, i am sure there is a not official way of getting rid of that shit and still get the updates tough
but installing and using windows 7 works fine

however, windows 7 or older will give you pain with usb 3.0 in some cases, and that doesn't matter to which cpu you have

Reactions: Nightwish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.