Should we keep flashcart's on the down low?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by JusDaMan, Jun 20, 2007.

Jun 20, 2007
  1. JusDaMan
    OP

Newcomer JusDaMan Advanced Member

Given the surge of slot-1 cards there has been a surge of people getting them. Back in the Slot-2 days even though there was people here and there there wasn't that many. and even then slot-2 was mostly too complicated for "the computer dumb person" or the people who was too lazy to read the directions.

Sure some can say "Share the wealth", what we have we should spread and tell others.

I'm saying this is because recently i went out to a third party game shop and there seems to be a surge of Slot-1 cards in stock. Given that the prices are outrageous compare to the online stores. People are still buying them because of the easiness to use. but what does that really say for those of us who been using slot-2 and keeping up with the ds scene for a while.

The more publicity the slot-1 cards get the more thats gonna sell, the more thats going to sell the more game piracy is going to happen.(now given there already is piracy but now on a larger scale). and the more likely Nintendo will start shutting down some sites, improving the security on the DS-carts or maybe firmware updates and therefore complicating the situation for some people.

Now I'm not saying don't promote the use of Flash carts. If you have friends or whatever sure tell them and see if their interested.

2. jono_

Member jono_ GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    ds piracy is way to easy now. its when you can buy a flash cart in a shop that its outta hand.

3. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Heck I saw them in a shop in Japan (Tokyo), the land of no piracy...admitted, the shop was kinda shady.

4. tjas

Member tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    As long as the shares, profits and increasing demand of nintendo (products) are rising I see no problem [​IMG]

5. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    HEY tjas [​IMG] [​IMG]

If developers dont get your money you wont get your games [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I've noticed quite a bit of talk at Nintendo's forums about the R4DS. I always kinda wished the kiddies would shut the hell up about it there. While I'm sure Ninty knows about such things, we don't need them having it rubbed in their face like that.

Personally, that is where I find it most important to keep flashcarts on the down-low. The more it gets talked about, the more Ninty will attempt to defeat them. At least, that's the way I see it.

7. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    as the prices are high for DS games in europe i will keep on using my R4DS [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    What happens to the people who talk about piracy in the Nintendo forums (like actually encouraging it)? Banhammer?

9. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    yes you cant even talk about action replay or you get banned.

10. Raisingod

Member Raisingod GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Well Ninty is highly agianst cheating nowdays

11. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Actually, in many cases, Ninty just locks or deletes the thread. They don't seem to ban people for it.....unless the poster insists on posting more of it.

12. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    I say keep them on the low down, heck, I do that so much that most of my friends don't know the true purpose of my "DS media players" [​IMG]

13. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    [​IMG] they dont notice you playing tons of games with a single cart?

i agree, some R4 users (and others i'm sure, I just tend to notice R4 more) are just plain retarded. Someone'll ask "should i buy this game? its kinda expensive" and someone'll answer "JUST BUY AN R4" in the middle of nintendo forums [​IMG] why are people so stupid?

14. mcp2

Member mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    If we keep flash cart talk to their relative forums then the oh so sacred knowledge will be kept a secret to the majority of the world [​IMG]

15. fuch

Newcomer fuch Member

United States
    I work in a place that sells and keeps most of their video games locked up (So I have to personally assist a customer when they would like to get a game). I unlock more NDS games than every other console combined. Mostly children under 15, but I'm just saying. I've slipped up once when talking to the Nintendo Vendor about the DS Browser. She said it was pretty slow, and I replied still better than any homebrew browsers out. She just gave me a weird look.

16. SargeSmash

Member SargeSmash GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I gather that most of the people that are posting about the R4 are kiddies that have no clue about things. You know, the kind that basically run the internet. Or is that ruin? Oh well.

I have an R4 to be sure, but unlike some unscrupulous individuals, I endeavor to buy games that I enjoy. I'll not go through that period again where I didn't buy either Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow in the GBA era. When they get to be the right price (or suitably awesome), I'll snatch the real deal. At the very least, though, the R4 has helped me discover the games that I DON'T want. You hear good things, and it's just... meh. Let's just say that unless I see it for cheap, Children of Mana will not be purchased, and I probably won't mess around with FFXII: Revenant Wings, either. Other games come to mind, but it'll take too long.

One I was surprised by, though, was Super Princess Peach. Great game. Maybe not quite up there with New SMB, but good enough to warrant a playthrough. On the other hand, I was disappointed with Yoshi's Island DS. Give me the original, thank you.