Should pokemon go use the classic battle system?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I have to think a little bit so they're too complicated! I don't wanna have to use my BRAIN when playing vidyagaymes!"
Well they do have games for that, street fighter..... and stuff, but Pokemon isn't a TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF kinda game. NO JRPG HAS THAT MENTALITY. So if you don't like it don't play it. Right? Go play one of the many button masher games or simple swipe tilt and shake games.

Reactions: Deleted User

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They arent really conplicated at all...
I'd like to think so, at least if you are somewhat serious about pokemon. Taking hours apon hours to breed, have good/perfect IV's/EV's, good movesets and items and figuring out what pokemon work good with each other, at least in doubles. If you are used to pokemon battling then you might not think it's complicated.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to think so, at least if you are somewhat serious about pokemon. Taking hours apon hours to breed, have good/perfect IV's/EV's, good movesets and items and figuring out what pokemon work good with each other, at least in doubles. If you are used to pokemon battling then you might not think it's complicated.
Well i guess he means by the idea of getting from start to finish, but not hardcore playing like do every side quest, get all pokemon, get best stats and such...

Basic pokemon is you catch one, train it and battle trainers. Selecting which move and weakness is a opinion base complex as some don't remember every single one and may forget while risking powerful attacks with low accuracy, and managing which pokemon needs traning for next battles with the idea of all those things is a matter of opinion.

Basically is a JRPG and every JRPG require strategy regardless of if you wanna think or not. I guess in that case, you could maybe get by just mashing the first attack command in every fight if you overpower your pokemon against other trainers. :P

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah it should! It would probably become a *decent* game. Pokemon GO in its current state is kind of trash. Add REAL Pokemon battles (the "classical" way) and with nearby trainers (not just gyms). Add a trading feature, then maybe I'll give Pokemon GO another try.
Also, use the regular leveling and evolution system. The way it works right now is pretty stupid.

For now I'll just continue playing Omega Ruby, a real Pokemon game.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they do have games for that, street fighter..... and stuff, but Pokemon isn't a TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF kinda game. NO JRPG HAS THAT MENTALITY. So if you don't like it don't play it. Right? Go play one of the many button masher games or simple swipe tilt and shake games.
Playing fighting games requires even more brain power than RPGs in a lot of cases. They aren't just button mashers.

To answer the question, yes, I do think they should use the normal battle system for Pokemon Go.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I like most pokemon games and the spin-offs but it is too complicated for a smartphone game. I don't want to destroy a kid's dreams.
It takes me almost a year to learn advanced strategies and look at how easily people can take care of the best npcs with little effort, while them posing a challenge to people not so familiar.

Last edited by Yil,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I like most pokemon games and the spin-offs but it is too complicated for a smartphone game. I don't want to destroy a kid's dreams.
It takes me almost a year to learn advanced strategies and look at how easily people can take care of the best npcs with little effort, while them posing a challenge to people not so familiar.
Well sorry, i had misunderstood your comment then. If you had just said "I agree with the idea pokemon go should use battle system in the pokemon games like on gameboy" would been clearly to understand.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah it should! It would probably become a *decent* game. Pokemon GO in its current state is kind of trash. Add REAL Pokemon battles (the "classical" way) and with nearby trainers (not just gyms). Add a trading feature, then maybe I'll give Pokemon GO another try.
Also, use the regular leveling and evolution system. The way it works right now is pretty stupid.

For now I'll just continue playing Omega Ruby, a real Pokemon game.
So your cool with waiting 5 min+ to take a gym?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing fighting games requires even more brain power than RPGs in a lot of cases. They aren't just button mashers.

To answer the question, yes, I do think they should use the normal battle system for Pokemon Go.
Also i know fighting games have more importance to knowledge but it doesn't mean is necessary to play it or have fun, is necessary if you want to be Good at it. But again, people play fighting games for different reasons, most people playing them are for to see all the cool stuff that happens when the press button combinations, as oppose to hard core fans who want to be good and find it satisfying to know every little thing and beat every other player.

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it has a real battle system, then I might actually play. And it would be even better if you battled wild Pokemon too. Then it would be a real GPS Pokemon game, not the typical mobile swiping garbage it is now.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure. It won't even feel like 5 minutes since I'll actually be having fun!
What's so fun about swiping your screen to take a gym? No effort. You didn't deserve that gym.
You missed the point 5 minute battles with 100+ people attacking the same gym wont work no one will get prestige or pokecoins.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Pokémon Go should have been as much like the conventional games as possible. Battle system, trading system, move system, Pokémon level-up system, evolution system, breeding system, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: