Should I wait?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TLSpartan, Aug 9, 2007.

Aug 9, 2007

Should I wait? by TLSpartan at 8:47 AM (874 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. TLSpartan
    OP

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Theres is supposedly going to be a new GP2X coming out. Should I wait, beacuse there are rumours of N64 emulation. Is it a hoax or should I wait until december. Link to info.

2. reaperman@home

Member reaperman@home GBAtemp Regular

"worst handheld game system ever" is how it'd describe my gp2x. It's problems involve far more than just hardware--but that's where they start. I'd wait.

Even if I were in your shoes and still wanted to touch a gp2x, I'd wait until after the new one and the resulting price drop on the old hardware.

3. chuckstudios

Member chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

United States
    What the hell is wrong with GP2X? Sure, it's "analog" stick is gay, and it doesn't have any commercial games that are good, but that doesn't make it horrible...

4. reaperman@home

Member reaperman@home GBAtemp Regular

do you really want a laundry list? There's kind of a lot.

I've looked into this hardware and we've been discussing it on a neutral forum. It seems as if gamepark isn't any part of this and it's 3 of the larger stores that sell their products designing it. I think their release date is about a hear ahead of where it could be, (I'm saying no chance for december) and for the umpc functions it has the price seems very low. If it's not vaporware, I probably will buy one--but games are the last thing I'd waste it on.

I've been looking at a cheapo portable laptop for xmas, and if this other hardware's out, it may get my money instead. They have many of the same functions.

5. JohnDrake

Banned JohnDrake Banned

United Kingdom
    Boy I hope those rumors are true. I've been waiting for a revamped GP2X. I never like the control stick and I want a system with more power.