Should I use this Hori screen cover or a Japanese one?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Devil May Cry, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Devil May Cry
    OP

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I saw this in my local Target and noticed it was a Hori product. Should I just get this? It's only $10.00. I saw some Japanese ones at a hobby shop; I'll put pics of it later. Here's the Target one:

[​IMG]

Is this fine or should I go for Japanese?

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Well, I never seen it before, maybe it's some new product...from the picture, it looks like it's a protector for the whole NDS, not only screens.....Could be good....It looks real enough to me......Why not buy it, try it, and post your impressions here..

3. Aerundel

Newcomer Aerundel Advanced Member

United States
    That is the real Hori, japanese brand. They're the normal Hori screen protectors, plus 2 protectors for the buttons and D-pad, and a protector for the top of the DS (protects everything but the DS emblem). I put them all one, and they're great. I also bought them at Target, and will probably get another set for whenever I feel like changing them out (probably around Thanksgiving/Christmas, the way they're holding up).

4. Devil May Cry
    OP

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Are they wearing out fast because of the quality or just how you use the touch screen? Are they adhesive like other protectors that leave residue.

5. Aerundel

Newcomer Aerundel Advanced Member

United States
    I don't think they're wearing out fast at all, sorry if I gave you that impression. These are very good quality, from what I've heard...better than anything else one can find retail in the US. I'm assuming that 6 months of use is pretty good for $10, and even then I'll probably be replacing it only for my own peace of mind. No matter what type of fine marks I put on the touchscreen protector, none of them show once the backlight is on (and the sun isn't hitting the screen). And no, they do not leave a residue.