Should I use screen protectors with my 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by diowolf, Sep 3, 2015.

1. diowolf
    OP

diowolf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    Some people say they're worse than pointless.

If I should.

I should only with one screen right?

2. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    I think you should. It doesn't cause any problems at all. It just kep your Screens from getting scratched

3. diowolf
    OP

diowolf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    Even the top one? Won't it reduce its quality and maybe 3D won't be as good?

4. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    No way! It really. I have SP's on both my N3DSXL and O3DS and the 3D works fine.

diowolf likes this.
  5. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    honestly go for the hori screens! i use them on two 3ds and used on vita to, and you wont even notice its there, its extremely thin you wont even see a difference. hori makes the best ones, you wont regret it for sure! and yes it comes for both the up screen and bottom.

Something whatever and diowolf like this.
  6. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Hey, does your bottom screen protector scratch with even the stylus? I got one that scratches with every swipe of the stylus.

7. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    Nope not at all.. or else i would have asked a refund :P
    I use the stylus a lot for painting in art academy and theres no scratch at all.

8. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    I got mine for 99c on ebay. I was really happy that I got both protectors on without any bubbles only to relises a plastic stylus scratched the shit out of it. I guess I will order some hori

9. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    Oh ok.. yah you should definitly go for the hori ones.. it comes with both screens.
    This is the one i use HERE
    I also use this shell: HERE , its pretty good to be honest! I even put printed arts that i want under the shell since its transparent, its a good way to have an alternative to faceplates :P

10. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    I already have the a clear case, a harder plastic one.
    Although I don't really agree with their advertising technique, I will still buy one.
    The "no bubbles" is BS. Anyone who spends more than 4 seconds can get any protector on without any bubbles.

11. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    Yah lol.. but its not that its bs, its just way advertissing.. i mean, they all say that :P
    ..but i got to admit that the hori ones, really have no bubbles, right after applying it. You dont even have to squeese them out, theres just no bubble right after its applyed :P

12. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    for top screen I dont see reasons unless you have really bad care habits XD for touch screen is nice so the touch thing dont get scratched

I'm really unuck with bubles :P

13. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Hori makes some pretty good ones. They're cheap enough that I don't see why not. I'd rather have them and not need them than not have them and end up with a scratched lens.

puss2puss likes this.
  14. FEAR_1337

FEAR_1337 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    Brazil
    Should I use condoms? The answer is the same.

15. riggs

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    Another vote for Hori screen protectors. Using them on my n3DS - no impact whatsoever in visual quality and they went on perfectly (no bubbles).

puss2puss likes this.
  16. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    for the bottom yea just as long as its not to thick so you dont impact the touch sensitivity.
    as for the top its pointless. the top screen is not touched and is protected when the device is closed.

17. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Ideally. Crap happens, though. Especially when there's kids around or you're out in public.