Should I upgrade from 5.00 M33-6 ?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TheZoc, May 13, 2011.

1. TheZoc
    OP

TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Hello,

Since I'm out of the loop for a long while, the question is that simple: Should I upgrade from 5.00 m33-6 firmware to 6.20 PRO-B5 ?
    I heard some games doesn't work on old firmwares. Also, some people told me that I should not upgrade, but they couldn't give me a good reason for it.

Since you guys are the best at this stuff, what's your advice ? Is there any good updates or fixes for 6.20 firmware ? (Or maybe, even 6.35 I guess ?)

My PSP is the ancient one (PSP1001 on the bottom label).

Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. demonicstrife

demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

May 22, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in the middle
    Upgrading to 6.20 will fix certain PS1 titles (while breaking a few others) and allow you to play all the latest games without issues. But, it has less homebrew and plugin support if you're into that. On your current firmware, I believe you can just update to 5.00 Prom-4 instead to play all the latest games, and use a plugin called POPSLoader for maximum compatibility with PS1 (no popsloader for 6.xx yet). Or you can patch all your games with ISO_tool. It also has the best compatibility with all homebrew.

3. TheZoc
    OP

TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Is the 5.00 Prom-4 you meantioned actually 5.50 Prom-4 ? ( I found out this one: http://filetrip.net/f12022-5-50-Prometheus-4.html )

Also, is there any "changelog" between firmware revisions (from Sony) and/or a feature list for CFW, showing what each firmware is capable of doing ?

Also, I couldn't find popsloader on filetrip, and not a single post on gbatemp having it as the main subject. Is there any link you could give me with popsloader (or any plugin) installation tutorial? I wasn't aware you could install plugins on PSP, these are awesome news! (well, at least for someone out of the loop for a long time anyway).

Thanks again!

4. MrCooper

MrCooper GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2010
    United States
    The United States of retard
    You could just keep m33-6 and run plug-ins for better compatibility

5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
  6. DSdonkey77

DSdonkey77 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2011
    Canada
    The Peg
    upgrade to 5.50 m33

7. marcus134

marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 7, 2011
    Canada
    Québec
    In those times google is your best friend.

here's a link
    http://pspslimhacks.com/popsloader-easy-in...or-500-m33-v11/