1. ceanth

OP ceanth Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Thanks the the advice buddy. I'll make sure I get a nand backup of 4.0.1 before I do anything. I can do this via hekate before installing custom firmware right?

2. templeofhylia

templeofhylia homo supreme

Canada
    no worries, and absolutely, hekate will always let you do NAND operations from coldboot!

ssssss13 likes this.
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Newer games require newer system versions. Pokémon Let's Go, for example, requires 5.1.0. In order to maximize game compatbility, I recommend updating to 6.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX. You can also update without burning efuses so you can downgrade later, but that will require installing AutoRCM.

Do not update to 6.2.0 until a compatible bootloader and CFW are released.

4. Ty_

Ty_ GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Is 6.1.0 fine for homebrew etc? I'm still on 5.1 and considering updating (obviously avoiding 6.2 for now). I regularly use stuff like Tinfoil and Retroarch and would hate to lose access to those (or have them not run properly) for the sake of a game or two

5. Kapaya

Kapaya Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Like Lacius said, use ChoiDujourNX to update to 6.1.0. This way fuses don't get burnt, and in case you ever want to downgrade again, you can do so with your backup that you should have done before installing any CFW (or if you haven't yet, do a backup before you upgrade to 6.1.0.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Just ensure that you use ChoiDujourNX to upgrade and there is no issue. In case the mod scene doesn't support anything higher than 5.1 for some reason, you can always downgrade back.

Ty_ likes this.
  6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    CFW and homebrew work fine on 6.1.0.

Ty_ likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - upgrade, Should,