Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm running original firmware. Recently there is that 3ds roms dump stuff and new update. Should I update for newer firmware or just wait and maybe there was some exploit with current one.
What do you guys think?

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, id update. Been enjoying my 3ds alot lately especially after the june 6 update. You never know about exploits. It could be for an older firmware or the current one and who knows how long you'll be waiting.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My flash card hasn't been updated yet, so I'm holding off.
Really its not going to hurt you to wait unless you are just dying to get at the new stuff. Just note that excitebike is only free for 1 month.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, You shouldn't expect an exploit any time in the near future. Just update and enjoy the new features now.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
i would not update
while excite bike and the new stuff may be ok , you might be shooting yourself in the foot for backup games - unless your prepared to buy a new 3ds to run backups

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo, unlike sony, doesn't offer downloads of firmware to be put on your system... which means if there is an exploit found in firmware X, and the latest is firmware Y it won't matter if you're on firmware W because you aren't going to be able to incremently update to X...

It really is a guessing game... If you can live without the updates, hold off on them if you want... Me, I enjoy the shop so I upgraded my wife's and mine's 3ds to take advantage of it.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
plasma dragon007 said:
dangerboy said:
Pingouin7 said:
I doubt an exploit for the older firmware would be popular anyway.

sudohaxx is popular and its not for current firmware

It's not even for the same system...
Exactly, you can't even transfer it to the 3DS from the DSi, it won't let you and can possibly brick your DSi.

lpm98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would not update because the new features are not worth missing a hack. the shop channel has no good games, and the web browser isnt great (or needed).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1