Hacking Question Should i update my Switch in 3.0.2 to 5.X after all ?

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get the most out of your system RIGHT NOW, then yes, you should update....if you are holding off for something possible in the future (like a coldboot option), then you might want to consider getting another Switch...

Arkangelshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you dont mind the jig stuff every boot then theres no problem. I suppose you could use Emunand for Homebrew/Atmosphere and most app would work for the latest firmware then. Hell, maybe you could use both methods in the same NAND.

Like i said, if you dony mind getting into RCM every boot then theres no reason to stay at 3.0.2. Enjoy your games, online, etc etc.

Does "Every boot" mean every time i want to launch on SXos, change game etc? or i can just do it one time and not doing it again if i dont shutdown/ run out of battery.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Does "Every boot" mean every time i want to launch on SXos, change game etc? or i can just do it one time and not doing it again if i dont shutdown/ run out of battery.

Yes, if you dont shutdown/run out of battery (aka sleep mode) then you can do it just one time.

If you need to remove your SD card (cause you want to put more games or stuff like that) then you would need to turn it off.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on 4.1.0 if there's nothing that requires an update you want to play then I'd advise against updating. I'm avoiding updating up until November when Pokémon is out. If nothing of significance is out for lower firmwares at that point I definitely will be. I could be wrong but don't you have to update your firmware to play games that require it even as a backup through SX OS? I might be misinformed which is why I'm not 100% on it. Unless you really want to play a game that demands you update you should stick with it or look into updating without burning fuses with a route to downgrading again.

Arkangelshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, if you dont shutdown/run out of battery (aka sleep mode) then you can do it just one time.

If you need to remove your SD card (cause you want to put more games or stuff like that) then you would need to turn it off.

Thx, i now think that is not as difficult as i thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended