Homebrew should i update my 3ds's?

omegazeroINFI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been holding off on this for a while, but not being able to access the internet on my old 3ds at least has been getting annoying.

at the moment, if i updated, the only thing i know im missing out on is menuhax. am i going to be missing out on anything else by doing this? i have a new 3ds on the same fw and 2 copies of cubic ninja. is there anything making updating from 11 to 11.1 a bad idea?

Aditzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Well, the best you can do with homebrew atm is save editing, using emulators and play rom hacks/user made games (plus some minor features that I forgot).
If nothing in this list interest you, then you can update.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ive been holding off on this for a while, but not being able to access the internet on my old 3ds at least has been getting annoying.

at the moment, if i updated, the only thing i know im missing out on is menuhax. am i going to be missing out on anything else by doing this? i have a new 3ds on the same fw and 2 copies of cubic ninja. is there anything making updating from 11 to 11.1 a bad idea?
You could use ctr-httpwn to access the internet on pre-11.1 consoles (though you may not be able to use it with Menuhax 3.0 installed).

If you're sure you have a way to access homebrew on 11.1, then I suppose you could update, but I would avoid doing so unless you absolutely have to.

I'm already on Luma and A9LH v3 with 11.0.0-33U, is it safe for me to update to 11.1.0-34U?
Yes.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China