Hacking Should I update from 3.2U to current?

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stay with what you have until you're FORCED to update. I've got the same setup, Wiikey 1.9s, Wii FW 3.2U, and I couldn't be happier. I don't rely on trucha signed games, don't play GH3 or whatever else. If you go the 3.3U route, the Twilight Hack has been updated so you can use it on 3.3U firmware, and you can load Trucha games through Gecko Region Free in the homebrew channel. I'd just stay with what you have tho, since I didn't really see any need for the 3.3U update.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Being logical...

Pros to upgrading:
Less likely to "cross region" brick your wii in the future - ie if you install 3.3 from another region off a game disc.

Updated mii parade (lol)

Cons to upgrading:
No more trucha - you can use Gecko OS to get around this.

No more twilight hack (fixed).

Fewer possibilities to recover from "banner bricking"! - if you are on 3.2, you can make an auto-boot disc of wad manager, trucha sign it and remove the problem wad from there. In 3.3, you can make an autoboot copy of zelda (this doesn't need re-signing) and through twilight hack, launch wad manager and recover this way - but it requires you to have twilight hack savegame on your wii before you bricked it!

I'm staying with 3.2E for now... The trouble is, my flatmates play zelda regularly... so I can't really leave the twilight hack savegame on it. I guess when I upgrade, I'll get a copy of zelda from a different region and leave twilight hack for it on my wii as a safeguard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou