Hacking Should I unlink Nintendo Account before install EmuMMC?

joseph12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Im going to install CFW in my switch but i want to keep playing online with my original games, but i dont want my nintendo account in emuNAND, should i factory reset the sysNAND before doing all the procces?
Once i have OFW and CFW, is it safe to link my nintendo account in my OFW? Thanks.

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, but remember to link back only the OFW and not the CFW emuNAND, that's how my switch got banned, and don't even connect your CFW emuNAND to the internet, or find other threads on hiding your CFW, from Nintendo servers certificate check.

PS. Use "ChoiDujourNXv102" to update your emuNAND.

Last edited by tomx86,
Reactions: joseph12

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The general advice is to use a DNS which blocks access to the Nintendo servers. You need to set this up on OFW before you create emuNAND so that your emuNAND will never connect. As long as this is in place and working, it doesn't really matter whether you Nintendo account is linked or not.

Now unlinking your Nintendo account is an extra layer of protection, so it wouldn't hurt. But it's not a replacement for the above step. They could still ban your console if anything on CFW connects to their servers, even if your Nintendo account is not linked.

joseph12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, but remember to link back only the OFW and not the CFW emuNAND, that's how my switch got banned, and don't even connect your CFW emuNAND to the internet, or find other threads on hiding your CFW, from Nintendo servers certificate check.

PS. Use "ChoiDujourNXv102" to update your emuNAND.
Ok i will use that program then! Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The general advice is to use a DNS which blocks access to the Nintendo servers. You need to set this up on OFW before you create emuNAND so that your emuNAND will never connect. As long as this is in place and working, it doesn't really matter whether you Nintendo account is linked or not.

Now unlinking your Nintendo account is an extra layer of protection, so it wouldn't hurt. But it's not a replacement for the above step. They could still ban your console if anything on CFW connects to their servers, even if your Nintendo account is not linked.
Im planning on use airplane mode always in CFW so i wont connect, its more safe if i connect to internet but blocking DNS like you said?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Ok i will use that program then! Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im planning on use airplane mode always in CFW so i wont connect, its more safe if i connect to internet but blocking DNS like you said?
I believe some games attempt to connect to Nintendo's servers even in Airplane Mode (by temporarily turning it off), although I could be mistaken. It's MUCH safer to use DNS.

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The best way to keep your emuMMC from connecting to Nintendo's servers is to use incognito_RCM to erase the prodinfo partition (which contains your switch's serial number), it's safer than 90DNS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones...