Hardware Should i turn in my wii to nintendo?

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok basically i have the first wii sold in the world (1st in line baby the night of release in EST) but sadly i also have one of the defective ones to where the lens is contaminated so its hard to boot SSBB, in the past it took anywhere between 1- 40 times of trying to get it to boot but now it has stopped working completely. Should i turn in my wii for the free repair? i know i would have to clean out my wii of homebrew.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't feel confident with adjusting the lens yourself, then yes you should. I had to send my Wii to Nintendo for a similar reason, I accidentaly left some homebrew stuff on it and it came back with it still intact. Nothing was said.
huh.gif

Of course they may have changed their policy since then.

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I'd defiantly keep it, try using one of the 15 dollar lens cleaning kits and if that doesn't work just replace the drive minus the PCB for like 45 bucks. I'd personally regret sending a close "first" of it's kind item back later on.

On a side note, you should take it apart anyway, take pics of the PCB because it's so early in the release line and send the pics to Bushing. Read this article;

http://hackmii.com/2009/07/wii-hardware-photos-needed/

-FTen

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ften said:
I'd defiantly keep it, try using one of the 15 dollar lens cleaning kits and if that doesn't work just replace the drive minus the PCB for like 45 bucks. I'd personally regret sending a close "first" of it's kind item back later on.

On a side note, you should take it apart anyway, take pics of the PCB because it's so early in the release line and send the pics to Bushing. Read this article;

http://hackmii.com/2009/07/wii-hardware-photos-needed/

-FTen
Taking it apart is a no no... i know i will break something... everything i do it doesnt work right or it doesnt fit right. PS2... needs a weight on the disc cover to read discs; GBA case is not all the way shut; PS2 controller never got back together; SNES fried (but there is reasons for that invoving the creating of a SNESp)

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
gamerjr said:
Taking it apart is a no no... i know i will break something... everything i do it doesnt work right or it doesnt fit right. PS2... needs a weight on the disc cover to read discs; GBA case is not all the way shut; PS2 controller never got back together; SNES fried (but there is reasons for that invoving the creating of a SNESp)
Lol, well then... I'd still find someone to fix it for you where there is no risk of getting back a different system.

-FTen

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It'd cost Nintendo more money to send him out a new or different system then for a simple lens adjustment.

The worse that could happen if they even suspect you have/had homebrew on is reguse to fix it and ship it back.

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* i really dont know what to do.. Brawl is like my most played game on my wii...i rarely even play with people online for tourneys or anything i just think its fun... ill think it over soon...

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well ive decided to ship it, it will take 10 buisness days and it will be the same wii; just to make sure with my wii i can bring it back to whatever i want even after they put 4.0 on it right? also what all is required to get rid of all traces of homebrew?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b