Hacking Should I try yo buy a 1.0.0 Switch or just a new one?

marcuis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! I was wondering if that is important because in that case I should start looking for one right now. If not, I'd rather wait for some releases like the new super Smash. If 1.0.0 will allow us to play free games, then I'll go for it right away.

KuroTheBang

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The thing is, with 1.0.0 almost no game works. I luckily got one with 4.1.0, which can handle almost every game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I was wondering if that is important because in that case I should start looking for one right now. If not, I'd rather wait for some releases like the new super Smash. If 1.0.0 will allow us to play free games, then I'll go for it right away.
IF you can find one, go for the 1.0.0 switch. Emunand will be available in a matter of weeks, which will allow you to play newer games while keeping your sysnand at 1.0.0

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If you don't want the slightly-higher-but-still-near-impossible chance of coldboot, feel free to buy one above 1.0.0. If you're fine using the jig every time to enter Atmosphère, feel free to buy above 4.1.0.

benson733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1.0.0 is hard to find. The sooner you buy one the better the chance of a lower firmware. I have a 4.1.0 system and I'm happy with all the games I can play and the exploits that are coming in the near future for it. It's a waiting game.

I also wouldn't recommend paying more for a 1.0.0 system. But if you manage to find one for a reasonable price or get lucky just keep it in the box and wait.

marcuis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok, so I should ver one soon before they only sell the next version. O said 1.0.0 but other versions would do, then. I'll see what can I find.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, the effort and or price in getting a 1.0.0 Switch isn't worth it. The hax and CFWs work on every firmware, so, I'd just go with any Switch if I were you.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If you don't want the slightly-higher-but-still-near-impossible chance of coldboot, feel free to buy one above 1.0.0. If you're fine using the jig every time to enter Atmosphère, feel free to buy above 4.1.0.
every single version already have coldboot

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF you can find one, go for the 1.0.0 switch. Emunand will be available in a matter of weeks, which will allow you to play newer games while keeping your sysnand at 1.0.0
I don't get the idea of updating emuNAND and using it for your legit games. Isn't that running alongside atmosphere CFW, which may be detected and then become banned? There's essentially no way to play your legit games without being in CFW at that point.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get the idea of updating emuNAND and using it for your legit games. Isn't that running alongside atmosphere CFW, which may be detected and then become banned? There's essentially no way to play your legit games without being in CFW at that point.
only if you want it to.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only if you want it to.
So you're suggesting that Atmosphere will have the option of booting official firmware in emuNAND without CFW patches? That would make a lot of sense and extremely ideal. But where would you run homebrew and/or game backups (When it becomes a thing in the future), in the same EmuNAND environment?

This would be a very interesting turn of events. I can essentially use sysnand for offline homebrew and backups. Then use EmuNAND for legit game carts for online play.

Last edited by MattKimura,

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're suggesting that Atmosphere will have the option of booting official firmware in emuNAND without CFW patches? That would make a lot of sense and extremely ideal. But where would you run homebrew and/or game backups (When it becomes a thing in the future), in the same EmuNAND environment?
sysnand, because its on a lower and more exploitable firmware.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.