should I try manga podging my elite 130 again or paint it??

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by DarkRioru, Jul 15, 2017.

1. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    images

I tried manga podging my case with spray adhesive and danganronpa 1 and I thought it looked amazing... a week later I sprayed the case with some surface cleaner and saw that the paper was soaking it in and realizing I did a shit job at clear coating because my parents only allowed me to paint on the grass over newspaper and it was a windy day so from the front of the monokuma face you can see very closely some brown marks from when the wind blew a bark piece onto my paintjob while it was drying... I just need some tips on how I can find a better paint spot where I won't overspray onto any concrete or tables (even with clear coat) and get a good even finish...

I was also thinking of just painting it a plain color or something because the spray adhesive bit into some of the original paint and its too sticky to remove when I removed all the paper... so should I try this again or should I just paint the thing?? I want your honest opinions... I really want a case that screams: game!!!, anime!!!! or just: Something I'm Into!!!

2. Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2015
    United States
    I had to go into my garage and keep the garage door so it's well ventilated and spray paint my console over a huge piece of cardboard.

3. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Make a cardboard spray booth

DarkRioru likes this.
  4. DarkRioru
    OP

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    well my dad has some new furnishings in the garage he still needs to unpackage so, that would be a perfect spray booth...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

now that is out of the way, should I manga bomb the pc again or should I just straight up paint the thing??

5. Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2015
    United States
    im a huge fan of custom graphics on computers, laptops, gaming consoles, and I'd go with your favorite thing and put that on there. Whether it's anime, or a game, or whatever. solid color things bore me.

DarkRioru likes this.
  6. DarkRioru
    OP

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    same here... I want to print some images from a printer and use spray adhesive to cover the case in printed symbols and images from games but, what bothered me about manga podging the case was just cuting the holes for the vents... but, I guess I'll have to do it all over again lol

7. DarkRioru
    OP

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    progress!

I placed my images on the case and plotted where I'm going to spray tomorrow... the problem is the cardboard is crushed so I'll just have to grab a piece and hope its not windy during the 106 degree heat tomorrow... I feel like I want to add some drawing flair onto the white parts with a pen but afraid that would ruin the paper or the desired look of the finished product...

also, should I pick up some sanding blocks at my very close by dollar store and sand down the finish below before appling the paper?? or should I apply as is??

a little off topic but, can you guys see the text in the spoilers on my signature ok?? idk if I can't see the whole thing because of chrome or something but idk why when I press the show button... I don't see any text..