Hacking Should I trade in my 5.5 Wii U and get a low FW bundle, or should I wait?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,111
  • Replies 37
D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, so I've been observing the Wii U scene for quite sometime now, and I need the opinion of a (hopefully :unsure:) mature forum.

It's rumored that Hykem will release the IOSU exploit before February, but I fear that he may go over that time limit again.

And at the same time, Smea and some other people are creating their version of the IOSU exploit, which has left me very confused at this point.

So here's my question... I have £150 to spare, and I could trade in my existing 5.5 Wii U for £80-90 (f**kin' rip-offs at my 2nd hand store). A brand new Mario Kart 8 bundle costs £240, and I am assured by the Wii U serial number database on WikiTemp (which I will take on my journey) that most of the MK8 bundles are shipping with 5.3.2 or under. Also don't forget I am in the UK, so I will be basing my results upon the European serial numbers.

Should I do it? Because I am really doubting a pre-February release at this moment in time.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Okay, so I've been observing the Wii U scene for quite sometime now, and I need the opinion of a (hopefully :unsure:) mature forum.

It's rumored that Hykem will release the IOSU exploit before February, but I fear that he may go over that time limit again.

And at the same time, Smea and some other people are creating their version of the IOSU exploit, which has left me very confused at this point.

So here's my question... I have £150 to spare, and I could trade in my existing 5.5 Wii U for £80-90 (f**kin' rip-offs at my 2nd hand store). A brand new Mario Kart 8 bundle costs £240, and I am assured by the Wii U serial number database on WikiTemp (which I will take on my journey) that most of the MK8 bundles are shipping with 5.3.2 or under. Also don't forget I am in the UK, so I will be basing my results upon the European serial numbers.

Should I do it? Because I am really doubting a pre-February release at this moment in time.

Tbh, go for a lower firmware model. The way the drama is with the 3DS scene (KTM) supposedly getting a release this weekend (now cancelled) before the big N drops 10.4, most likely next week and also the drama surrounding IOSU lately, it's probably not worth holding your breath till Feb.

Who knows, it could all change, yet 50/50 chance it will not, so if I was in the position to get a 5.3.2 console now then do it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah, I was planning to save up for an NX anyway.

But my second question is what can the IOSU exploit bring us? Will it be possible to port Loadiine over to 5.5?

JFalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I was planning to save up for an NX anyway.

But my second question is what can the IOSU exploit bring us? Will it be possible to port Loadiine over to 5.5?
So what would the USB access allow us to do then?
Load games via USB instead of loading them from an SD card. Other things i am not knowledgeable of. lol

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
I'd say wait.
Just use your Wii U to play some games and then resell the games when a backloader comes along.

vasalpa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have the same issue as you. I will wait though , you can buy a game or two and just play those until the exploit comes . I find myself checking everyday for the exploit and it does more bad than good , a good advice is to leave it and check it every once a week or so, hype for something that might not even be released is not the best thing for me.

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't really care about playing/pirating commercial games. I'm planning to sign up to Nintendo so I can download Unity for Wii U and create my own games. Also I would like to run the devkit apps on my Wii U too.

D

Deleted User

OP
Not taking that risk. They might scam me and might update it to 5.5 or something. I am a very paranoid person when it comes down to ebay! I'm also very impatient for goods to arrive, although I can wait for this IOSU exploit...

Reactions: Reecey

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Not taking that risk. They might scam me and might update it to 5.5 or something. I am a very paranoid person when it comes down to ebay! I'm also very impatient for goods to arrive, although I can wait for this IOSU exploit...

Wait till february if you have the money, that's when hykem promised

I myself said i'll be patient till like summer 2016 before I consider things like that but it's very likely i'll wait till the end of the year

Last edited by Miles54321,

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I just hope he keeps his promise. :/

Hopefully he will, Do you have a hacked 3ds?

February has fire emblem fates
the new smash bros characters etc.

So the wait will be easier in february, i recommend trying PCSX2, Dolphin emulator etc. those emulators are great now also

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1