Hacking Should I trade in my 5.5 Wii U and get a low FW bundle, or should I wait?

  • Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
D

Deleted User

Guest
Okay, so I've been observing the Wii U scene for quite sometime now, and I need the opinion of a (hopefully :unsure:) mature forum.

It's rumored that Hykem will release the IOSU exploit before February, but I fear that he may go over that time limit again.

And at the same time, Smea and some other people are creating their version of the IOSU exploit, which has left me very confused at this point.

So here's my question... I have £150 to spare, and I could trade in my existing 5.5 Wii U for £80-90 (f**kin' rip-offs at my 2nd hand store). A brand new Mario Kart 8 bundle costs £240, and I am assured by the Wii U serial number database on WikiTemp (which I will take on my journey) that most of the MK8 bundles are shipping with 5.3.2 or under. Also don't forget I am in the UK, so I will be basing my results upon the European serial numbers.

Should I do it? Because I am really doubting a pre-February release at this moment in time.
 

retrofan_k

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 31, 2013
Messages
2,049
Trophies
0
Location
Caves
XP
2,215
Country
Belarus
Okay, so I've been observing the Wii U scene for quite sometime now, and I need the opinion of a (hopefully :unsure:) mature forum.

It's rumored that Hykem will release the IOSU exploit before February, but I fear that he may go over that time limit again.

And at the same time, Smea and some other people are creating their version of the IOSU exploit, which has left me very confused at this point.

So here's my question... I have £150 to spare, and I could trade in my existing 5.5 Wii U for £80-90 (f**kin' rip-offs at my 2nd hand store). A brand new Mario Kart 8 bundle costs £240, and I am assured by the Wii U serial number database on WikiTemp (which I will take on my journey) that most of the MK8 bundles are shipping with 5.3.2 or under. Also don't forget I am in the UK, so I will be basing my results upon the European serial numbers.

Should I do it? Because I am really doubting a pre-February release at this moment in time.

Tbh, go for a lower firmware model. The way the drama is with the 3DS scene (KTM) supposedly getting a release this weekend (now cancelled) before the big N drops 10.4, most likely next week and also the drama surrounding IOSU lately, it's probably not worth holding your breath till Feb.

Who knows, it could all change, yet 50/50 chance it will not, so if I was in the position to get a 5.3.2 console now then do it.
 
D

Deleted User

Guest
Yeah, I was planning to save up for an NX anyway.

But my second question is what can the IOSU exploit bring us? Will it be possible to port Loadiine over to 5.5?
 

JFalcon

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2015
Messages
262
Trophies
0
Age
36
XP
381
Country
Yeah, I was planning to save up for an NX anyway.

But my second question is what can the IOSU exploit bring us? Will it be possible to port Loadiine over to 5.5?
So what would the USB access allow us to do then?
Load games via USB instead of loading them from an SD card. Other things i am not knowledgeable of. lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Guest
I'd say wait.
Just use your Wii U to play some games and then resell the games when a backloader comes along.
 

vasalpa

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
178
Trophies
0
XP
890
Country
Greece
I have the same issue as you. I will wait though , you can buy a game or two and just play those until the exploit comes . I find myself checking everyday for the exploit and it does more bad than good , a good advice is to leave it and check it every once a week or so, hype for something that might not even be released is not the best thing for me.
 
D

Deleted User

Guest
I don't really care about playing/pirating commercial games. I'm planning to sign up to Nintendo so I can download Unity for Wii U and create my own games. Also I would like to run the devkit apps on my Wii U too.
 
D

Deleted User

Guest
Not taking that risk. They might scam me and might update it to 5.5 or something. I am a very paranoid person when it comes down to ebay! I'm also very impatient for goods to arrive, although I can wait for this IOSU exploit...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Reecey

Miles54321

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2010
Messages
905
Trophies
0
Location
Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
486
Country
Not taking that risk. They might scam me and might update it to 5.5 or something. I am a very paranoid person when it comes down to ebay! I'm also very impatient for goods to arrive, although I can wait for this IOSU exploit...

Wait till february if you have the money, that's when hykem promised

I myself said i'll be patient till like summer 2016 before I consider things like that but it's very likely i'll wait till the end of the year
 
Last edited by Miles54321,

Miles54321

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2010
Messages
905
Trophies
0
Location
Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
486
Country
I just hope he keeps his promise. :/

Hopefully he will, Do you have a hacked 3ds?

February has fire emblem fates
the new smash bros characters etc.

So the wait will be easier in february, i recommend trying PCSX2, Dolphin emulator etc. those emulators are great now also
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: plus Japanese 3DS LL are guaranteed to have dual IPS screen