Hacking Should I switch to Ferrox CFW (Or rebug) instead of EvilNat's CFW?

TastifulBurger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way of uninstalling EvilNat's CFW and replacing it with Ferrox CFW (Or Rebug, even though there doesn't seem to be an update for it to run on FW4.87)?
Below is context.
I tried to get some PS2 backups to run and while some will work fine, there are some games that straight-up turn off the console and I have to turn it back on.
For the sake of brevity, these of the games that shut down instantly are...
Dragon Quest VIII
Dokapon Kingdom

The wiki says these games are playable which it makes it all more confusing. The console has been cleaned out of dust so it couldn't be overheating.

Solution
yes, you can install ferrox directly. someone said he couldn't downgrade with evilnat though. to downgrade, you need to enable qa flagging. if you can't downgrade to rebug, install ferrox, then try to downgrade from there.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you can install ferrox directly. someone said he couldn't downgrade with evilnat though. to downgrade, you need to enable qa flagging. if you can't downgrade to rebug, install ferrox, then try to downgrade from there.

Solution

TastifulBurger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I first need to uninstall Evilnat's CFW before proceeding with the ferrox or rebug downgrading plus installation? I'm concerned that if I remove the CFW the backups I have inside the hard drive will be wiped out.

TastifulBurger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Ferrox Cobra and am relieaved to see the data is still intact from the installation.
For some strange reason Dokapon Kingdom wouldn't work with WebMan but it is able to boot fine from MultiMan.
I'm not sure if downgrading to 4.86 and installing Rebug would help with getting PS2 games to boot to the logo and run.
I guess this could be marked as partially solved, but it's really strange why I couldn't get the game to work with EvilNat's CFW via MultiMan or WebMan but it works with Ferrox.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno. I'm still on 4.84 rex. it's arguably considered the best cfw except you can't sign in to psn. don't use sen enabler as I think habib has mentioned that sony can now see spoofing with 4.87.

quinco

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed Ferrox Cobra and am relieaved to see the data is still intact from the installation.
For some strange reason Dokapon Kingdom wouldn't work with WebMan but it is able to boot fine from MultiMan.
I'm not sure if downgrading to 4.86 and installing Rebug would help with getting PS2 games to boot to the logo and run.
I guess this could be marked as partially solved, but it's really strange why I couldn't get the game to work with EvilNat's CFW via MultiMan or WebMan but it works
Webman PS2 emu has major issues until you enable PS2 net emu in the webman setup screen. Its just a checkmark box, and honestly, Idk why netemu doesn't have the issues the regular WMPS2Emu has, but enabling netemu eliminated every ps2 emulation issue I had. I believe MultiMan has this enabled by default.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Webman PS2 emu has major issues until you enable PS2 net emu in the webman setup screen. Its just a checkmark box, and honestly, Idk why netemu doesn't have the issues the regular WMPS2Emu has, but enabling netemu eliminated every ps2 emulation issue I had. I believe MultiMan has this enabled by default.
Ps2emu is for hardware bc units. The gx one is software bc. Netemu is ps2 classics. Soft emu was their solution for bc on non bc systems. They decided on making you rebuy stuff though. Soft emu is where most of those ps2 game compatibility fixes come from. It has a ton of them.

Reactions: flowlapache

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool