Homebrew Should I switch from Gateway to Luma?

MisterPantsEyes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a 3DS XL with sysNAND 4.5 (or 4.2, not sure) and emuNAND. Now I saw that Plailect released a guide that simplifies the A9LH Luma install and I'm thinking about making the switch. Should I do it? Are there any risks?

Thanks!

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I have a 3DS XL with sysNAND 4.5 (or 4.2, not sure) and emuNAND. Now I saw that Plailect released a guide that simplifies the A9LH Luma install and I'm thinking about making the switch. Should I do it? Are there any risks?

Thanks!

No risk although its minimal, apart from user error iirc

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you still want to use your Gateway card? because you can, even if you switch to arm9loaderhax.

if you decide to go the sysnand-only route, you absolutely should have a secondary custom firmware on hand for updates, since Gateway sysnand-mode does not have FIRM partition protection (that is, update = overwrite a9lh).

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there risk? - Yes there are some however they are minimal as long as you follow the guide correctly. I have yet to make the switch (I will once I buy a 128GB SD cad) for now I'm happy with Luma3DS without A9LH.

MisterPantsEyes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But can I keep all my installed games if I switch?

And I once read that the 4.5 downgrader from GW leaves your NAND on a messy state and that the brick chance increases because of this. Is that true?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But can I keep all my installed games if I switch?
of course.
And I once read that the 4.5 downgrader from GW leaves your NAND on a messy state and that the brick chance increases because of this. Is that true?
with the ctrtransfer method, I don't think it matters much(?) anymore. or that it really increased the chance anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr