Should I stop using EPSXE in favor of PCSX-R PGXP

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    image.png
    So I found this chart showing various Playstation emulators. Though I always used EPSXE for years, it was surprise to me that on this list is not recommended. Instead they have PCSX-R PGXP. I never heard of the emulator, was wondering if others could maybe share some of the experience if I should use it or not? I read good things about it but don't quite understand the technical stuff that makes it better. If it performs well and looks good in HD with low performance and slow down, then is good. I could use it on my Android tv and pc. So far I had no problems with epsxe so i didn't bother to find something better.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I've always used ePSXe as well, although on mobile I've used fpSE more.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it, that's what I think. If you have no issues with ePSXe and it has all the features you want then I see no reason to switch.
    However, you should have a look at the feature lists of both, maybe you'll find something that will make you want to switch.

3. Zukov

Zukov Dinosaur

Oct 2, 2016
    Chile
    Go Xebro or Mednafen, they are the closest to the real thing.