OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever a new game comes out, I check what I have to do to run it. Every time I hope simply updating pre-existing hacks will suffice but it's never like this. All stickies have changed, I have to spend hours and hours of reading to learn entirely new hacks consisting of a bunch of new names difficult to remember ... now I'm at the point where I have no idea of what's in my Wii. Wanin? Hermes? I dunno!

So I tell myself it might be better to just start fresh. I saw the new topic "SoftMii" : would following it to the letter finally allow me to play EVERYTHING (no NAND switching just to play a specific game anymore) with a USB Loader or DVD5 without any risk of bricking my Wii? (since I have no idea anymore what's installed in there... I only remember playing Brawl from a Backup Launcher). Or should I start fresh to avoid conflicts?

If that's the case then how I go on about making my Wii as good as new again for a fresh start? Are there virgin NANDs out there available for download? (after doing backups of my saves)

Of course this is all based on the assumption that a simple update would not be enough. I just want to play everything out there from my USB stick without the hassle of NAND switching. Games I want to play : Monster Hunter Tri, Sonic Colors, Epic Yarn, Other M...

I'm on 4.0U... if there's any other info you guys need I'll see what I can do

Rovelius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Do I download ALL IOS available for d2x? (simply type d2x and download everything)? Or, since you said "base 56" and "base 57" should I stick to one of these pairs? (on ModMii's Download Page) and follow with Hermes?

249d2x56 AND 249d2x57

OR

250d2x56 AND 250d2x57

As for Hermes, I don't see any info about the version. All I see is Hermes v4 or v5, nothing about "4.0" or (5.1). Not really sure what to get, now.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Rovelius said:
Do I download ALL IOS available for d2x? (simply type d2x and download everything)? Or, since you said "base 56" and "base 57" should I stick to one of these pairs? (on ModMii's Download Page) and follow with Hermes?

249d2x56 AND 249d2x57

OR

250d2x56 AND 250d2x57

As for Hermes, I don't see any info about the version. All I see is Hermes v4 or v5, nothing about "4.0" or (5.1). Not really sure what to get, now.
You want these for hermes cIOS:
202[57]v5
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
listen here pal. over my years of having the wii since launch, ive learned a few tricks.

No matter what most say, to me, DARKCORP is your friend.
It has never failed me in the slightest.

Before DARKCORP though, you'll definitely want to thoroughly examine and follow NeoGAF's homebrew tutorial.
Especially the IOS parts. this will very easily ensure that every game works on your wii on launch.
I havent had to modify my console for any recent game for several months.
When Black Ops came out, i was one of the few who ran it without IOS problems.

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a little problem with this,when I go to the homebrew channel there is no mod-mii only dop-mii?
And I really don't know what do now so could someone help e out with installing the hermes cios

Rovelius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
k so I went ahead and installed hermes following JoostinOnline's post and installed these d2x IOS files, too :

cIOS249 base 56
cIOS250 base 57

Using Neogamma Backup Loader R9 Beta 47 (who uses IOS249), all I get from MH3 (burned to a DVD5-R) are disc errors. What can I do?

Oh and benno300 make your own topic please

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Rovelius said:
k so I went ahead and installed hermes following JoostinOnline's post and installed these d2x IOS files, too :

cIOS249 base 56
cIOS250 base 57

Using Neogamma Backup Loader R9 Beta 47 (who uses IOS249), all I get from MH3 (burned to a DVD5-R) are disc errors. What can I do?

Oh and benno300 make your own topic please
What error are you getting, and how old is your Wii? I was under the impression that you were using a USB loader (my fault for not reading carefully enough). If your Wii was made during/after September 2009, it has a D3-2 or D4 drive chip, making it unable to read burned discs or DVD videos. 223 would have been your choice for MH3 with the setup I gave you.

Rovelius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
No problem. I had my Wii since launch day.

The game manages to boot, I get those "Disc could not be read" errors ingame. I try ejecting and putting the disc back in but I can't even reach the main menu.

It doesn't look like I can change which IOS to boot with in Neogamma's options either. Is there another backup loader out there who might work?

By the way I do plan on using a USB Loader later, I just don't have a drive right now after my mom dropped it in water...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rovelius said:
So all I have to do is run ModMii then install ciosx-rev21d2x? Wii hacking has finally gotten simple???
Erm...if you mean "is there finally one single cIOS that can play EVERYTHING?"...then no. Not really.

Different games use different IOS. The customly made IOS (cIOS) can reduce that large number to only a handfull, but you will still need more than one if you want to be able to play EVERY game.

If you're using an USB loader, I advise you to use something that isn't neogamma. CFG, wiiflow and GX are decent loaders with an important function neogamma lacks: it allows you to choose per game which cIOS it uses. So you can have all the 'ciosx-rev21d2x' (with different base IOS'es) installed in different slots, and just use USB loader settings to try different games (assuming they don't work on the first try).

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Rovelius said:
No problem. I had my Wii since launch day.

The game manages to boot, I get those "Disc could not be read" errors ingame. I try ejecting and putting the disc back in but I can't even reach the main menu.

It doesn't look like I can change which IOS to boot with in Neogamma's options either. Is there another backup loader out there who might work?

By the way I do plan on using a USB Loader later, I just don't have a drive right now after my mom dropped it in water...
If you are getting the errors in-game, it sounds like it is either a bad dump or a bad burn. You are right that NeoGamma doesn't allow you to switch what IOS you use. However, you can use NeoGamma IOS Switcher to edit the config file. This gives you the option to load anything from 245-250. You can't load any of hermes cIOS though. My advice is to stick with your retail discs for now, and use Configurable USB Loader once you get you a new drive (sucks what happened to your old one
frown.gif
). I prefer to use 224 as the default, and fall back to 222 or 223 if that doesn't work. 222 and 223 have v4 installed, which has greater compatibility than v5/5.1. However, v5 base 57 (what you have installed to 224) is slightly faster. You can try out 249/250 if you want, I just stick to 222-224 because it works with everything I have tried with it.

Rovelius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I took a wild guess and tried installing Wanin's cIOSX on 249 base 56. Same thing again...

I'll try forcing Neogamma on IOS 250 but I don't really think that's gonna work either

[Edit] Yep no difference... there's gotta be a way to make MH3 work from disc backup...

[Edit 2] Maybe I'll try DARKCORP. I remember using cIOSCORP in the past, it wouldn't even run Brawl but it has probably went a long way since then. I'll just overwrite everything since I made a NAND backup before trying my luck with Waninkoko's cIOSX.

Rovelius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I got another drive and MH3 still won't work. All IOS can't get past title screen with the one exception of 249 base 56 (d2x) who crashes when I try loading the village. My drive is a simple 8GB USB pen drive and that model worked before... help please I'm getting desperate with this lol.

Btw I didn't install DARKCORP after all so I still have hermes and d2x installed like I said in the previous posts

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Rovelius said:
Ok I got another drive and MH3 still won't work. All IOS can't get past title screen with the one exception of 249 base 56 (d2x) who crashes when I try loading the village. My drive is a simple 8GB USB pen drive and that model worked before... help please I'm getting desperate with this lol.

Btw I didn't install DARKCORP after all so I still have hermes and d2x installed like I said in the previous posts
Did you try using 223[38+37]v4 with Configurable USB Loader? If that doesn't work, then the most likely cause is a bad dump. Delete your rip of MH3, stick the retail disc in, and use Configurable USB Loader to rip the disc to your flash drive. After that, set MH3 to load with IOS223.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM