Hacking Should I start fresh with my Wii?

rev84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old soft moded Wii that I'm trying to play GC games on, but I can't seem to get Nintendont to work properly. When I launch Nintendont it always gets stuck on "Waiting for Nintendont..."

Wii Info:
4.3U
Current IOS: 58 v5918 (Got this from d2x custom ios installer)
^ I think this is the issue. I'm trying to use the newer Nintendont which I think needs 58 v6175, but I can't seem to install it.

I was messing around with it and eventually semi-bricked my system to a point where I couldn't launch the homebrew channel anymore, but able to load the system menu, Priiloader and BootMii. Lucky I had a really old Nand backup that allowed me to revert it back to a working state.

So my question to all of you is should I start fresh with my Wii and reinstall everything with the newer tools out there? If so are there guides/videos you would recommend?
If not then what do you think is preventing Nintendont from working properly? I've tried the newer 6.XX and older 5.XX versions with no luck. I installed cIOS base 56 on slot 249 version 65535, base 57 on slot 250, and base 58 on slot 251 which I believe is actually the 58 v6175 that I need, but it didn't work. Anything seem off?

Wii games work fine on USB Loader GX

Thanks, everyone in advance :)

rev84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple answer: Yes, start fresh.
Is starting fresh as simple as running a Format Wii System Memory and then going through the softmod process again?
If so will that keep me on 4.3U or will it downgrade that as well? (I think the answer is no for I'm not entirely sure).

Edit: I did a bit of research and it sounds like I should not be Formatting the Wii System Memory as it could potentially brick the system. So what would you all recommend doing to start from a clean slate?

Last edited by rev84,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use ModMii, tell it the console is a virgin even if it isn't, and follow the guide. It's okay to repeat seemingly redundant steps

Modmii.github.io
Also stickied here in the 'temp's wii hacking section

Edit:

This video describes some of ModMii's many features

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: jeannotte
General chit-chat
Help Users
    SG854 @ SG854: For $30 bucks I would expect top tier quality emulation not this crappy version we got