Should I shoot my self in the foot?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by patrickbrown3000, Jun 27, 2009.

Jun 27, 2009
  1. patrickbrown3000
    OP

Newcomer patrickbrown3000 Member

United States
    If you opened this thread just to say yes. Then my good sir, you are what we upper class citizens like to call an asshole. I don't want you mucking my thread with your filthy comments. Get Away and take your filth with you, you smart ass bastard.

Sooooooo....... anyhoo

I just bought an Acekard 2i last night. Tonight I get off work and to my amazement there is a new card that can run on the dsi and owned by M3. Hence the self inflicting title. Should I stick with what I have or buy the m3 r4 x5 thingy. or does it really matter.

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Do you actually give a shit about the new M3 thing, and if so, why?

3. patrickbrown3000
    OP

United States
    Well I had the m3 real for my ds lite but now I dont have that. I have a dsi and I enjoyed my m3 real

4. Alato

Member Alato GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    That first paragraph was kinda hurtful.

But, in regards to your situation, it really doesn't matter. You got a good working card for the DSi anyway, so there's no point in regretting it, just because a newer one came out. I'm sure it's not even that different, function-wise.

5. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I was only attracted by the title and was disappointed.

6. patrickbrown3000
    OP

United States
  7. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    Why would the M3 (which is likely to be more expensive) be so much better than the AK2i that you already have?

If you bought it last night I suspect you haven't tried it yet, so at least wait until you have tried it out (and the M3 is actually released, too bad they are more interested in R4's at the moment)

8. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    If you really want it that bad and you have the extra you should go and get it. I myself don't have an acekard2i, and I myself am more of a M3 fan too, but from what I heard/know/seen it's a very good flashcart with AKAIO (AKAIO is the Sakura of the Acekard flashcarts, it's an alternate firmware for it that's much better than the official one).

The only reason you might want to get rid of the acekard2i is because the m3i zero has more updatability, and still the ackard2i still has just as much as the m3i zero does it's just that the m3i zero might do it differently or more efficiently.

So if you try and you don't like it then you should get the m3i zero I guess, but if you like it just a little I would suggest you keep it.

9. ACWWFAN

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    Ehhh the only reason I'd see for getting the M3i is the updateable kernel...I have an Ak2i though and love it.

10. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't like M3. They're weird. I have vowed never to buy from them after the Moonshell incident.

But hey, you bought an AK2i, just stick with it. No one knows how good these M3 Zero Chance of getting ones are or the R4i-uber-ultra-extra-super-editions are

11. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    am i really the only one here that would throw away any m3 product in order to buy an acekard product instead?

12. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    In regards to the title, yes you should for even asking this.

13. Finishoff

Member Finishoff GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If all your looking for is to be able to play games, keep the AceKard 2i, its a pretty decent cart. No need to go after the M3i Zero base on brand loyalty or ect. You decide what to do, don't like the AceKard 2i then sell it, and get a M3i Zero. Really this isn't a major life and death choice.