Hardware Should I sell/trade-in my DS and GBA games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omegaultima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering selling my DS lite and GBA games and using that money to buy a 3DS.
A few months back I took interest in a few GBA titles(mainly, FF V& VI, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars)
and decided to buy a couple of them off eBay.
With this new ambassador program, it seems like more and more GBA games are coming
to the 3DS as downloadable titles.
My question is, should I sell all my GBA games and my DS lite in hopes that a few of the titles I want,
and some of the games which I might replay, are going to get downloadable versions?
Obviously I won't be able to play GBA games on a 3DS, thus rendering my games useless, but there's
still that possibility of me going back to them.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i say sell it in a bundle on ebay.. sold my pile of 40+ gba games two broken gba sp's and accessories for 90.00 USD

omegaultima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not like I KNOW I'm gonna go back to playing them.
It's just a nagging feeling. I haven't even touched my older GBA games for years
but even then Golden Sun and FF IV are still my favorites.
The more recent ones I bought I haven't played for more than 5 hours each and lost interest so that's why
I'm considering selling them away altogether along with the console.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you buy a 3DS now, you're not going to have the ambassador games - unless you get someone else's ambassador 3DS off ebay or something.
And unfortunately, Nintendo neither confirmed nor denied the GBA games coming to the e-shop, so no one can really tell what will or won't be in the e-shop later.

So think carefully before you sell.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering selling my DS lite and GBA games and using that money to buy a 3DS.
A few months back I took interest in a few GBA titles(mainly, FF V& VI, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars)
and decided to buy a couple of them off eBay.
With this new ambassador program, it seems like more and more GBA games are coming
to the 3DS as downloadable titles.
My question is, should I sell all my GBA games and my DS lite in hopes that a few of the titles I want,
and some of the games which I might replay, are going to get downloadable versions?
Obviously I won't be able to play GBA games on a 3DS, thus rendering my games useless, but there's
still that possibility of me going back to them.
The ambassador program was only for people who bought the system in the first few months before the price drop, it isn't available for new 3DS's. However, there are people who sell their ambassador 3DS's and you could buy one of those (I just so happen to be one of those people...heh).

Also, according to Nintendo, they won't be releasing GBA games to the masses. However, I'm sure in the future they will so that shouldn't be a problem. And if you do ever have a craving for those games again, you could get a DSTwo and have a GBA emulator which runs...alright. So you'll never be at a total loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1