Gaming Should I sell my Wii U?

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, just wondering is there any reason to keep the Wii U trough 2016? since the NX is around the corner and the Wii U is not going to get as many games anymore. I'm thinking if I should just sell it, I'm in firmware 5.4, I don't see much possibility with homebrew and my version is also not compatible.

Even tough I love Nintendo games, my biggest problem with the Wii U is that they are just too damn expensive! I was going to get Windwaker for Christmas since I was hoping it would be cheap and I never played it but even if it's really old its still 55$!! A game that came out on Game Cube! I love Nintendo but this is too much, It feels like I'm in an abusive relationship lol :(

Last edited by Zeriel,

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when you can wait the months for nx sell your wiiu. i want a wiiu too but the nx is around a corner. maybe nx will be released next year

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
We don't know that much about the NX yet and regarding the Wii U, I bought mine mainly for nintendo franchises like Zelda, Star Fox and Fire Emblem which are just around the corner as well.

Isn't NX supposed to be some crossover platform?

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm fairly certain the NX will be released during 2016, Nintendo went into production last October and I heard they will announce it soon. They also can't wait any longer because the PS4 just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper and Nintendo has to sell theirs at full price.

I'm also really worried that even if they keep saying it won't replace the Wii U that's just corporate talk, they said the same thing when the Wii first came out, and since Star Fox and Zelda will come out next to the NX they will probably have much better ports for the NX than the Wii U, Like they did with Twilight Princess in Wii and GC

The problem is gaming on Nintendo has gotten way too expensive, I hate the constant censorship and region locks and I'm thinking if I should just abandon them. I love my 3DS but this will probably be my last Nintendo purchase :(

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah nintendo gaming is really expensive. you can buy them and sell them after playing this is my bad method. but i love this games :/

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah nintendo gaming is really expensive. you can buy them and sell them after playing this is my bad method. but i love this games :/

It just breaks my heart when I can get Witcher 3 for 23$, Game of the Year 2015 that came out in May but when I try getting Windwaker is 55$ even tough is a damn remake and it's several years old! :(

Reactions: GamingAori

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just speculating but I believe NX is supposed to be in another niche, mobile gaming which is pretty popular in Japan.

I'm having a blast with my Wii U the way it's designed is wonderful and it'd be a pity to see it phased out when it doesn't even have a Metroid or Paper Mario game of its own.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But even if it's phased out it'll be the perfect emulation platform IMO with homebrew coming soon and all.

The Wii U pad is just perfect for that and it has a very comfortable grip unlike PSP or 3DS for instance.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just speculating but I believe NX is supposed to be in another niche, mobile gaming which is pretty popular in Japan.

I'm having a blast with my Wii U the way it's designed is wonderful and it'd be a pity to see it phased out when it doesn't even have a Metroid or Paper Mario game of its own.

The NX will bring the mobile and console gaming together, Nintendo already merged these two departments. Also the NX will have a mobile component and a console. That's their whole idea, what worries me is the rumors of it being super powerful on par with PS4, this tells me it will cost a fortune because Ninendo never sells hardware at a loss, like Sony and Microsoft. If a damn wii U is 300$ then this thing is very likely to costs 600$ or more probably divided into two devices. Add to that the ridiculous prices of games that never drop and peripherals and this thing is likely to be a huge investment that very few people will take except hardcore Metroid / Zelda fans because everyone already has Next gen consoles or PCs.

Last edited by Zeriel,
Reactions: netovsk

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
I'd stay with the Wii U because of the announced IOSU exploit. Soy ou can use homebrews soon.
There will also come a few games probably being worth playing such as like as Star Fox Zero, Twilight Princess HD an Zelda U. I can also recommend Fast Racing NEO which is only 15 bucks.
But in the end it's up to you whether to keep it or not

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
there are already so many great things coming out for wii u (iosu exploit, emunand, great exclusives, etc)
sell it if you must, but i would stick with it just a little longer to see what the future holds
we still don't know if the NX will be backwards compatibe, and that's what makes the wii u hardware still relevant
wait for a proper announcement from nintendo, and then sell it if there are no longer reasons to keep it

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Haha indeed, I remember buying a used Wii (even though I already had one) bundled with 2 motion plus controllers because it was cheaper than buying one of these alone, used or new.

The Wii U pad is almost as expensive as the console itself.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@CosmoCortney @aljpn91

Yea that gives me some hope thanks, I wish we could download some games for Wii U now but I don't think they have been ripped yet and Nintendo is really good at shutting down torrents. It would be really stupid to not make the NX backwards compatible but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo lol

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
It just breaks my heart when I can get Witcher 3 for 23$, Game of the Year 2015 that came out in May but when I try getting Windwaker is 55$ even tough is a damn remake and it's several years old! :(

What do you expect? Is Nintendo and is usual for them to be like that. xD Keep the Wii U, hack the vWii mode and wait for the exploit for Wii U mode to play backups and homebrew.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I keep the consoles I buy but one of the reasons I'll never really sell is because it has DLC content which is locked to the console so I either play on that one or I don't. Plus, I don't intend on buying the same content again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night