Should i sell my o3DS XL and by a n3DS XL?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by pandavova, May 21, 2016.

1. pandavova
    OP

pandavova @pandavova FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Oct 27, 2015
    Germany
    Windows 10 Pro
    I now have a FireEmblem o3DS XL with A9HL and Updated Cakes SysNand.
    Should i sell it and by a n3DS XL Hyrule Edition and downgrade it?

2. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Depends whose going to use it.

Normally people only looking for an unmodified 3DS I don't think would be as interested. But in the case they are try to put the 3DS on the lowest Firmware possible. (If they want the lowest of course)

3. Virdoo

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Depends whose going to use it.

Normally people only looking for an unmodified 3DS I don't think would be as interested. But in the case they are try to put the 3DS on the lowest Firmware possible. (If they want the lowest of course)

Wow that's really interesting, people in my country are greedy for modded 3DS. Once I bought broken 3DS (around 50$), fixed it, modded it and sold it for around 130-140$ in my country. Usually prices are even higher for used 3DS in my country so I had the lowest price and modded one so it got away really quickly. Unfortunately no one respects game developers here, people often piracy here...

Anyway about new or old 3ds. Get a new one. You won't regret.

4. Uziskull

Uziskull Picture may not be real

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    N3DS is better, as one would expect, but to go as far as selling your O3DS to buy a new one would be useless in my opinion (unless you really want NTR CFW video streaming and other N3DS-exclusive stuff).

5. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    [QUOTE="Virdoo, post: 6368701, member:

Wow that's really interesting, people in my country are greedy for modded 3DS. Once I bought broken 3DS (around 50$), fixed it, modded it and sold it for around 130-140$ in my country. Usually prices are even higher for used 3DS in my country so I had the lowest price and modded one so it got away really quickly. Unfortunately no one respects game developers here, people often piracy here...

Anyway about new or old 3ds. Get a new one. You won't regret.[/QUOTE]

Well...

I will be honest here. Normally in my country modding the 3DS is not as popular as it used to be. Because the firm ware is so good, its like buying a console for $100 - $200 USD, and having it potentially brick. (Not only that... But there is no brick protection if it bricks. The only way to fix it would be in maitence mode. Which is still extremely risky.)

But I get it. People have their opinions as I do to.

I may be able to buy a 3DS for $150 that was modded. But there are still a ton of problems, the functionality of it, and having no warranty when you get it. Which is where the most risky part comes into place where most people get scammed there money. Even if the previous owner could help its still very difficult to deal with.

All I can say is this really;
    Depending on who wants to buy it, in a certain price range do it if its potentially higher than the original value of the 3DS.

6. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    If you use emulators, yes.

If you don't, then it's up to you.

7. Ann0ying

Ann0ying GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2016
    NtDH! GA!
    Upgraded loading speeds(and overall speeds), better homebrew emulators, c-stick and additional bumpers is very good addition, IMO.