Hacking Should I sell my DSL in perfect condition and get a dsi XL?

idunnoilikends

OP
Trophies
Website
www.swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
Worth it?
I have the box, manuals, hell even the plastic wrap for my lite.
My DS lite itself looks JUST like it did when I removed it from the box. I take extremely good care of my stuff.

I bet I could get at least 75 for it?

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want it for the big screen's and you don't use the slot 2 than I say do it.
If you use the slot2 even rarely I wouldn't, also keep in mind your ds will be bigger and harder to fit in your pocket for some people.

To bad they didn't make a Dsi XL with a slot 2 on it than id buy one, but I like the slot 2 to much to change from DsL. I don't want to give up my slot 2 for a camera i'll never use that's my opinion, you just need to think about the pro's and con's and why you would want the dsi XL to begin with

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on your needs. Just for reference I got 78 for my cobalt DSL (nothing included, just the DS and plug both in good shape) on ebay this morning. That's probably a bit low but if you want a reasonable number of what to expect there you go.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Charmandersrule said:
Should i sell my perfectly fine ds and get a ugly big dsi that i'm gonna replace in less than 12 months? NO.
1. It's not ugly.
2. You probably won't want to replace it in less than 12 months. There's a possibility that the 3DS is coming out in May 2011, or might be delayed.
3. Once you play on the DSi XL, the XL screens will begin to look normal to you, while the 'normal' screens will begin to look freakishly small to you. Trust me, I always play wirelessly against people who have a DS lite (and holy crap, it looks small).
4. Because of said size, once you play on a DSi XL, you will be (mentally) unable to play a DS lite because of distracting thoughts (you might not be paying attention to the game, instead you'd be constantly thinking "damn, this thing's tiny")
5. It's not ugly.

And those are my thoughts about your statement.

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went from a DSL to XL....LOVE it! I'm going to sell my Lite, haven't touch it since.....

The screen is awesome! Only thing is, it's a bit bigger...so not as portable. When 3D comes out, I prob get that too....but it's a year away....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: