Should I sell my DSL in perfect condition and get a dsi XL?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by idunnoilikends, Apr 7, 2010.

1. idunnoilikends
    OP

Member idunnoilikends GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Worth it?
    I have the box, manuals, hell even the plastic wrap for my lite.
    My DS lite itself looks JUST like it did when I removed it from the box. I take extremely good care of my stuff.

I bet I could get at least 75 for it?

2. Gnargle

Member Gnargle The day I set a profile picture is the day I die

United Kingdom
    No. 3DS is the simple answer mate.

3. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    This.

Don't bother, the DSi XL is great, but the 3ds is the new thing. It really is your choice in the end, though.

4. Prime_Zero

Member Prime_Zero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want it for the big screen's and you don't use the slot 2 than I say do it.
    If you use the slot2 even rarely I wouldn't, also keep in mind your ds will be bigger and harder to fit in your pocket for some people.

To bad they didn't make a Dsi XL with a slot 2 on it than id buy one, but I like the slot 2 to much to change from DsL. I don't want to give up my slot 2 for a camera i'll never use that's my opinion, you just need to think about the pro's and con's and why you would want the dsi XL to begin with

5. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    If you're planning to get a DSi XL, but don't want to lose GBA, just get a Supercard DS2 when it comes out.

6. GWEndlessDuel

Banned GWEndlessDuel Banned

United States
    It depends on your needs. Just for reference I got 78 for my cobalt DSL (nothing included, just the DS and plug both in good shape) on ebay this morning. That's probably a bit low but if you want a reasonable number of what to expect there you go.

7. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Should i sell my perfectly fine ds and get a ugly big dsi that i'm gonna replace in less than 12 months? NO.

8. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    1. It's not ugly.
    2. You probably won't want to replace it in less than 12 months. There's a possibility that the 3DS is coming out in May 2011, or might be delayed.
    3. Once you play on the DSi XL, the XL screens will begin to look normal to you, while the 'normal' screens will begin to look freakishly small to you. Trust me, I always play wirelessly against people who have a DS lite (and holy crap, it looks small).
    4. Because of said size, once you play on a DSi XL, you will be (mentally) unable to play a DS lite because of distracting thoughts (you might not be paying attention to the game, instead you'd be constantly thinking "damn, this thing's tiny")
    5. It's not ugly.

And those are my thoughts about your statement.

9. joe_gamer

Member joe_gamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I went from a DSL to XL....LOVE it! I'm going to sell my Lite, haven't touch it since.....

The screen is awesome! Only thing is, it's a bit bigger...so not as portable. When 3D comes out, I prob get that too....but it's a year away....