Should I sell my 3DS XL for a PS3?

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh please, the Wii U is a complete failure library wise, they made a console more powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360 yet they use it to milk their own franchises which they have been over the years, the 3DS is a good console but its more as an upgraded DS, library wise is good but most of the games are short games you can finish in 2 hours, and all of them have terrible pricing at eShop, 44€ for Ocarina of time 3D? Oh I don't know, that was a near launch title game.

Face it, Nintendo is indeed slowly dying, they're trying their best just to escape that inevitable destiny

The GCN | GBA and Wii | DS times were the shit, but now? HA.

Sounds like sony & they're lame ass war games all they've been doing is spitting up more & war games

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh look a Nintendo fanboy shitting on a thread where Sony is mentioned.
How abnormal.

Anyway...
The PS3 has a fantastic library of games and most are dirt cheap. The XL is a waste of space. PS3's are pretty cheap these days (well, over here), so I could see you being able to afford a PS3 if you sell that for anywhere near worth its value.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh look a Nintendo fanboy shitting on a thread where Sony is mentioned.
How abnormal.

Anyway...
The PS3 has a fantastic library of games and most are dirt cheap. The XL is a waste of space. PS3's are pretty cheap these days (well, over here), so I could see you being able to afford a PS3 if you sell that for anywhere near worth its value.

I'm a Nintendo fan boy myself, I just don't suck on Nintendo's titties like that.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the 3DS XL along with a LOT of games, both on eShop and retail, but recently I bought Street Fighter IV and Tekken 3D, Tekken being one of my favorite fighting games of all times, needless to say Tekken 3D Prime Edition sucked and so did Street Fighter IV, I've been buying games for the 3DS but it doesn't seem to be satisfying me at all, on Steam or any other platform I would buy games for I would be happy and play those games, as for the 3DS, it just seems like an upgraded DS with better graphics and that's about it, the specs aren't bad but aren't good either comparing to the Vita, anyways:

eShop games:
Cave Story - 7.25€
Tetris 3DS - 9.99€
Resident Evil the Mercenaries 3D - 9.99€
Kid Icarus Uprising - 5.99€
Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies - 24.99€
Super Mario 3D Land - 44.99€
Gunman Clive - 1.99€
VVVVVV - 7.99€
HarmoKnight - 14.99€
Bomberman Blitz - 4.99€
Super Mario Bros Deluxe - 4.99€
Pokemon Dream Radar - 2.99€

eShop total value: 141,14€

As for retail games, I have:
Pokemon Y
Cave Story 3D
Tekken 3D Prime Edition
Super Street Fighter IV 3D
Tetris 3DS
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Tom Clancy Splinter Cell 3D
Resident Evil Revelations
Pokemon Soul Silver
Is this enough to buy a Playstation 3?
So basically, it's like saying the Vita seems like an upgraded PSP with better graphics. lol

From the list you have of 3DS games you currently own, you have some pretty fun ones, in my opinion.
Like: HarmoKnight, Resident Evil Revelations, Tetris 3D (Especially Tetris), Cave Story 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, VVVVVV. But if you want to sell them, go ahead and sell them. It's your own choice and nobody else's. :P

I don't know much about Euro Currency, but I also think you'll have better luck getting a CFW installed PS3. Sure, there are a lot of cheap PS3 games that are amazingly great, but there are also those games that you want to buy that still cost too much. Even if you sell your 3DS with all those games, I'm not sure you'll have enough to be able to buy the PS3 games you want. Sooner or later, you'll run out of money. :/

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So basically, it's like saying the Vita seems like an upgraded PSP with better graphics. lol

From the list you have of 3DS games you currently own, you have some pretty fun ones, in my opinion.
Like: HarmoKnight, Resident Evil Revelations, Tetris 3D (Especially Tetris), Cave Story 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, VVVVVV. But if you want to sell them, go ahead and sell them. It's your own choice and nobody else's. :P

I don't know much about Euro Currency, but I also think you'll have better luck getting a CFW installed PS3. Sure, there are a lot of cheap PS3 games that are amazingly great, but there are also those games that you want to buy that still cost too much. Even if you sell your 3DS with all those games, I'm not sure you'll have enough to be able to buy the PS3 games you want. Sooner or later, you'll run out of money. :/

I'm more concerned about the system itself, the games are easy for me to get.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warranty, yes
Online interactions, definitely.
Again, if you want to sell them, go ahead and sell them. I mean, there are ignorant people out there that would really want a 3DS with games like yours. So yeah, I think eBay would be one of the places to sell your 3DS and games at a nice enough price. At least, that's what I think.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Again, if you want to sell them, go ahead and sell them. I mean, there are ignorant people out there that would really want a 3DS with games like yours. So yeah, I think eBay would be one of the places to sell your 3DS and games at a nice enough price. At least, that's what I think.

Ignorant people? As to why? What makes them ignorant if they want a different console?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i totally have a PS3 I'd trade you for that 3DS! I think we are too far apart to consider it though...

To me the 3DS XL is worth much more than the PS3. Maybe its just my nintendo fanboyism.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i totally have a PS3 I'd trade you for that 3DS! I think we are too far apart to consider it though...

To me the 3DS XL is worth much more than the PS3. Maybe its just my nintendo fanboyism.
You do know that the 3DS is region-locked right? If the 3DS was bought in Europe, you can only buy games that were released in Europe. Unless you want to import them, go right ahead.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know that the 3DS is region-locked right? If the 3DS was bought in Europe, you can only buy games that were released in Europe. Unless you want to import them, go right ahead.

i thought this was clear...maybe not?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's good lets move on shall we if you ask me sony should bring back the PS2 Spyro series it died off too early we can do without the toy crap

This isn't even remotely on topic, stop shitting up the thread. And no, I wouldn't ask you.

On topic though, I have both a 3DS and a PS3 and I've definitely spent more time on the PS3. I mean the 3DS does get frequent releases, I think more so this late in the PS3's life span, but the PS3 still has an amazing library over all and just more features in general. When it's not used as a game console my family uses it as a Bluray player. I'd say it's worth the trade.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't even remotely on topic, stop shitting up the thread. And no, I wouldn't ask you.

On topic though, I have both a 3DS and a PS3 and I've definitely spent more time on the PS3. I mean the 3DS does get frequent releases, I think more so this late in the PS3's life span, but the PS3 still has an amazing library over all and just more features in general. When it's not used as a game console my family uses it as a Bluray player. I'd say it's worth the trade.

If you have a PS2 backwards capable PS3 i'll trade you in any case Nintendo always rules my room the PS3 does only with PS 1&2 titles that's it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.