Should I purchase a Wii given that it is 2009?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by soulx, Oct 5, 2009.

1. soulx
    OP

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Do ya guys think I should purchase a Wii considering that the Wii has been out for 4+ years . I wouldn't like to purchase it just to see a new Nintendo console come out. It seems fun but if a Wii HD comes out a year after I purchase it ...... : And...what's with pirating on the Wii. How do you pirate on the Wii? Sorry if it's a butload of questions. [​IMG]

2. antonkan

antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 13, 2009
    Canada
    Burlington, ON
    I recommend you sould buy a used Wii becuase the hardware is below LU64. Below LU64 Wiis are the best way for homebrew.

3. CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    The wii is fun as hell to just mess around on with homebrew and stuff. If purchasing it solely for the hardware and games, then I would say no.

4. TheWon

TheWon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2008
    United States
  5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    yes buy one all the games are free on it and you dont need a modchip! you can play backups, emulation, homebrew, run games from a hard drive just make sure to get one that doesnt have serial number LU64

6. soulx
    OP

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Oh. I guess I should purchase a used Wii to avoid "that" serial number. Thanks, everyone!