Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I hated awakening gameplay wise.
2. Should I play conquest or birthright or revelations?
3. Is the DLC P2W?
4. Does the 600mb loss between JP and US make the JP version the only true choice?
5. Is it even a good strat planning game?

joyoshi

ICUP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First conquest or birthright, depending on if you want to join "good" or "evil". The 600mb loss if because of all the censored content (I believe) so if you don't mind censorship it doesn't matter. And yes, it is a good strategy game. It does however have quite a few RNG elements.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the thread hijack buy I was the lucky one who got the limited edition FE Fates game with all three games. Awakening was my very first 3DS game and I played it for a week, took a 6 month break and then played it until I got over 90 hours into it. The main thing was the characters and how the support conversation just made me love the characters.

Playing Birthright the past two days however, I just didn't feel the characters click with me and I'm already at chapter 17. Is it a general consensus that the characters in Fates are just.... Meh or is because I can't shake off the memories of Awakening?

Reactions: Feeling it!

TheLemurLord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not you. Fates' cast are more shallow and pandery than Awakening's.

The CG scenes that the royal family members get pretty much sum up their entire characters. Camilla is just fanservice. Garon is a Saturday morning cartoon villain. And so forth.

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had never played a FE game and hated turn based games, i just beat Fates yesterday. I like the story line alot.

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I think I just liked real grid based strat games like disgaea and ff tactics too much...........and vandal hearts was like a super version of fire emblem. XD

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The DLC is "p2w" in that yes, you can buy grinding DLC and it makes you very powerful easily, but it's not like you NEED it or anything.
Really though, if you didn't like Awakening, probably stay away.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
About to create a thread about this series, but seeing it already made i'll ask here.
What game should i play first, across all games? As i never plays this series, i wanna give it a shot.
Also, what makes this series so special than other tactics games?
And please don't say it's because of permadeath. That feature sometimes drive me to back off this game (FF Tactics being one, as i haven't played it).

Last edited by hyprskllz,

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About to create a thread about this series, but seeing it already made i'll ask here.
What game should i play first, across all games? As i never plays this series, i wanna give it a shot.
And please don't say it's because of permadeath. That feature sometimes drive me to back off this game (FF Tactics being one, as i haven't played it).
I am confused slightly by your post so I will answer with both of my thoughts of what you are saying.
1. What makes fire emblem unique is the characters having kids and that you can mix the couples in the games.......oh and the best fe game is genealogy of the holy war. (that I know of)
2. FF tactics doesnt have permadeath to my memories but if you are talking about ff tactics then play "FF tactics advanced 1" <----for the GBA.
still confused about your post kinda.
EDIT oh and fire emblem has insane RNG that makes you reset every 5 minutes.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd say the main draw is the characters and all the support conversations?

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I am confused slightly by your post so I will answer with both of my thoughts of what you are saying.
1. What makes fire emblem unique is the characters having kids and that you can mix the couples in the games.......oh and the best fe game is genealogy of the holy war. (that I know of)
2. FF tactics doesnt have permadeath to my memories but if you are talking about ff tactics then play "FF tactics advanced 1" <----for the GBA.
still confused about your post kinda.
EDIT oh and fire emblem has insane RNG that makes you reset every 5 minutes.
You're confused about my post, yet you answered them very clearly.
Iirc, FF tactics has permadeath, but only for generic characters.
Thanks for you suggestion, will look into it later.
I'd say the main draw is the characters and all the support conversations?
So basically it's because of the characters and their interactions?

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't like awakening don't bother. The gameplay has improvements but its the same at the core. The Story and characters are a step down from awakening however and since you didn't like the gameplay, which is the best part of this game, it probably won't be to your tastes

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you hate FE awakening, there is no chance that you could like Fates.
(except if there is a specific reason of this hate that exists only in Awakening)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse