Hacking Should I play Deadly Creatures? This thing is will break my Wii

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
It was one of my most anticipated games of 2009 and what little I played was awesome, but I'm not sure if it's worth a system.
It makes the laser read practically nonstop unless the game is paused and it seems to put a real nasty toll on the damn thing, after playing for a bit now my Wii seems to have trouble reading some discs, gave me errors on two other games.

This is bad, I got Deadly Creatures on some crappy media, tested it with that and it was really pushing the laser so I reburned it to Verbatim at 4x, now it's a tad quieter but the game is designed to constantly stream it seems which IS going to damage the laser eventually.

Now I dunno what to do....

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why you buy it and don't pirate it. Buying the actual game allows the laser to be at a lower stress level because of the company's DVD quality.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess that might make sense, but I dunno, if I could afford to I'd buy it but I can't
frown.gif

does it do this for anyone else? Like makes the laser read pretty much all the time

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that the same for all games..? The lasers have to be active for as long as a game's going in order for the console to process data.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
depends, this one makes the laser work a hell of a lot more than other games, it's like what the GTA games and such do with the PS2.

nicdoy77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah!
i hear the laser going all the time and the game has "small loads" everytime you enter a new "zone" for about 5-10 sec
and i got sound fx issues
everytime there is a small animation or voice acting, everything is echoed, it's quite annoying!

i guess i'll try burning it at 4x like Shinigami Kiba did
unsure.gif

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
4x really did wonders for me, it's much quieter and i guess it stresses the laser less, I burn all my games at 4x but since my internet was a mess the past couple days I had to buy DC and House of the Dead off of a local store ($1 a pop) and forgot to tell the guy to burn them to verbatim and at 4x lol

Anyway, the game is AMAZING, even better than I thought it'd be so I can't just up and stop playing it, heres hoping the laser doesn't mess up.

As for your sound issues, if it's not skipping/is choppy then I don't think it's a laser issue at all, the voice acting does have kind of an echo and stuff, it's to add to the atmosphere.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Melchizedek said:
Seriously, if you still want "AMAZING" 3rd party games on the Wii, you have to buy it.

if I didn't live in friggin Macedonia, where people make 250 euros a month on average and where there is no established video game market I would have bought it.
It's a different world out here dude

klyick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
This is why you buy it and don't pirate it. Buying the actual game allows the laser to be at a lower stress level because of the company's DVD quality.

Ok, looks like I have to interject. No offense, but the laser in the Wii is not "stressed" by playing different media.

Quite frankly, you could run the laser continuously while you had your wii on, and you would not notice the difference. There have been exactly zero correlations between laser use and Wii failure.

Of course, this makes perfect sense given the fact that lasers are solid state hardware.

In summary, it's a frigging myth!

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the hell is macedonia... seriously, is it a country?
anyway, the backup copy of this game works fine on mine...
i don't here any excessive spinning sounds from it.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
klyick said:
Anakir said:

Ok, looks like I have to interject. No offense, but the laser in the Wii is not "stressed" by playing different media.

Quite frankly, you could run the laser continuously while you had your wii on, and you would not notice the difference. There have been exactly zero correlations between laser use and Wii failure.

Of course, this makes perfect sense given the fact that lasers are solid state hardware.

umm yes it does i burned a game with a memorex DVD+R and my wii was making weird noises the laser was going real fast. I burned the same game same speed with a verbatim DVD-R and my wii barely made a peep. MEdia absoulately makes a huge difference when burning games.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CJL18 said:
klyick said:
Anakir said:

umm yes it does i burned a game with a memorex DVD+R and my wii was making weird noises the laser was going real fast. I burned the same game same speed with a verbatim DVD-R and my wii barely made a peep. MEdia absoulately makes a huge difference when burning games.

That's because you are using +R "smacks face" don't do that haha.

What he meant was between using a Burnt one and real thing, the Wii is designed for prolonged use........ Games wont do anything to the laser even if run all day at highest speed. Over about 4-5 years yep the POT will give out but you simply adjust the power to it........Hence my PS2 which i used/use GTA all the time on still works and it's a V1 first release machine.....no problems.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
No problems here burnt at 8x dont notice any difference in the wii's reading , my dvd player is about 5 years old now , really cheapo dvd player too and plays everything perfectly , and when i say cheapo dvd player i mean cheapo dvd player, lasers last quite a while.

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
dlxowhd said:
what the hell is macedonia... seriously, is it a country?
anyway, the backup copy of this game works fine on mine...
i don't here any excessive spinning sounds from it.

Macedionia is part of the former Yougoslavia. It is now independant but it has to face to severe economic difficulties. It's a very nice country anyway.
More details here :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Macedonia

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
D-Jay said:
Do some work, get money and buy.

mad.gif
Oh yeah, very easy in his country ! Come on guys, stop thinking everyone lives in a wealthy country ! Do you realise the luck you have to live in the USA or in the European Union ? In macedonia, unemployment rate is 37.2% ! Poverty : 22% ! And no, it's not because people are lasy there...

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tetram said:
D-Jay said:
Do some work, get money and buy.

mad.gif

Oh yeah, very easy in his country ! Come on guys, stop thinking everyone lives in a wealthy country ! Do you realise the luck you have to live in the USA or in the European Union ? In macedonia, unemployment rate is 37.2% ! Poverty : 22% ! And no, it's not because people are lasy there...

QUOTE(Stephanie @ Feb 15 2009, 01:13 PM)
Not everyone has money. If I had enough money, I wouldn't pirate.

btw, why convince someone to buy games on a "Wii Hacking" board? lol gtfo!
moogle.gif

~Steph

And that's the point. Are you going to steal a car if you don't have enough money to buy one?

Most people are thinking, software-piracy isn't criminal. Why? Cause it's sooo easy... just download and burn.
I don't want to teach you... really not... but your arguments SUCK! Sorry...

@stephanie: What has hacking got to do with piracy? NOTHING!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16